Author Topic: An amazing James Parker bow...  (Read 16241 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: An amazing James Parker bow...
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:39 pm »
wow great bow man!  That is a level of building I HOPE to achieve someday...  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Voodoo

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 10:43:32 am »
Well I made it back from the farmland shoot, and the response to this bow was unreal, everyone that saw or shot it was amazed, I didn't shoot it much the first couple of days due to some back issues that made walking and pulling arrows very hard, but when it let up I shot the stuffing out of it and boy am I a happy camper, this bow never lost a spec of weight or speed even after being left strung all day long, I am amazed, this is definately the best performing natural limb bow I have ever had the pleasure to shoot, and when I did finally unstring it it didn't lose any of the original limb profile... and one other amazing thing I noticed.... I set it down next to #1, which is my first elk risered glass lam bow, which was made on the form that I still use for all my bows, and the unstrung limb profiles were exactly the same as my own design, my only thought when I saw thiis was.... unbelievable!, James I truly look forward to our collaborations in the future, and I hope that I can make it down around hunting season to meet you in person and spend some time talking bows and maybe even hunting a furry critter or two if we have time,lol....thanks my friend, you have made a dream come true!

I did run into a couple questions which kind of left me speechless when asked...."What kind of bow is this?"........all I could think of to say was that it's a natural limbed elk risered longbow.....Then ..."what catagory would this be in".........my response..."I have no Idea"..and no one else did either........So I have to ask......James..anybody...Have any Ideas as to what we should call this design?.....or what catagory it is?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:55:10 am by Voodoo »

butterbean

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:26 am »
 Primitive Take-Down.

Offline uwe

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »
GREAT!

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 01:46:50 am »
Well I made it back from the farmland shoot, and the response to this bow was unreal, everyone that saw or shot it was amazed, I didn't shoot it much the first couple of days due to some back issues that made walking and pulling arrows very hard, but when it let up I shot the stuffing out of it and boy am I a happy camper, this bow never lost a spec of weight or speed even after being left strung all day long, I am amazed, this is definately the best performing natural limb bow I have ever had the pleasure to shoot, and when I did finally unstring it it didn't lose any of the original limb profile... and one other amazing thing I noticed.... I set it down next to #1, which is my first elk risered glass lam bow, which was made on the form that I still use for all my bows, and the unstrung limb profiles were exactly the same as my own design, my only thought when I saw thiis was.... unbelievable!, James I truly look forward to our collaborations in the future, and I hope that I can make it down around hunting season to meet you in person and spend some time talking bows and maybe even hunting a furry critter or two if we have time,lol....thanks my friend, you have made a dream come true!

I did run into a couple questions which kind of left me speechless when asked...."What kind of bow is this?"........all I could think of to say was that it's a natural limbed elk risered longbow.....Then ..."what catagory would this be in".........my response..."I have no Idea"..and no one else did either........So I have to ask......James..anybody...Have any Ideas as to what we should call this design?.....or what catagory it is?

how about the "SPC OGRE TAKE DOWN"
I think that will do just fine...

Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline bowralph

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 03:41:21 am »
now this is primitive .....at its best
great bow
ralph

Voodoo

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 01:16:40 pm »
"how about the "SPC OGRE TAKE DOWN" I think that will do just fine..."

okiecountryboy, James named this bow the "Voodoo Queen"........But, the bow you speak of is in the works, as I have asked James to help me finally build a memorial bow in memory of my son,I will do the riser and carvings, and James will build the limbs............ James is an extremely talented individual, and in spending hours and hours on the phone with him, and hearing his perspective on life, bows, hunting, friends, and many other things, I felt this would be an honor to do with him, and he feels the same, so keep your eyes open, this will be a bow both of us will pull out all the stops on.........

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 05:21:54 am »
"how about the "SPC OGRE TAKE DOWN" I think that will do just fine..."

okiecountryboy, James named this bow the "Voodoo Queen"........But, the bow you speak of is in the works, as I have asked James to help me finally build a memorial bow in memory of my son,I will do the riser and carvings, and James will build the limbs............ James is an extremely talented individual, and in spending hours and hours on the phone with him, and hearing his perspective on life, bows, hunting, friends, and many other things, I felt this would be an honor to do with him, and he feels the same, so keep your eyes open, this will be a bow both of us will pull out all the stops on.........

I will be honored just to look at the pics of such a bow with such a name!

GOD BLESS

RON
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.