Author Topic: Instructions for a Bitzenburger fletching jig?  (Read 37753 times)

Offline markinengland

Instructions for a Bitzenburger fletching jig?
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:55:23 am »
I have a second hand Bitzenburger fletching jig but no instructions. Has anyone got any instructions they could scan and send me at markdesignhill@aol.com?
Many thanks.
Mark

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Instructions for a Bitzenburger fletching jig?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:46:10 pm »
Mark, Someone gave me a blitz not long ago. Let me see if they also gave me instructions. If so I'll scan and e-mail them to you.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline markinengland

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:22:03 pm »
Thanks Pat. I'm convinced my jig is out of kilter as helical fletching seem about 60 degrees out on what looks like the cock feather should be.
Mark

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:02 pm »
  Mark,The jig I have is set up to fletch 4 or 3 fletch.You can loosen the ellen screw and make the adjustment and then mark it with a Sharpie.It sounds like it might be set for 4 fletch.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 01:12:07 am »
Mark, I found my Blitz but no book. If I come across it I will contact you.  I use a Jo-Jan when I fletch  but I never turn down a gift.  ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 06:14:55 am »
I have instructions I will try to scan em at work today and e-mail ya ok

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

MattE

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 09:29:07 am »
Put a arrow shaft in the jig and loosen the two allen screws in the knobs under the the two magnets. Then let the clamp fall flush with the arrow shaft.You may have to help it by turning the knobs that the allen screws are in. This is all there is to adjusting the jig....... You should look at the three allen screws just in front of the knob that rotates you shaft and make sure it is set for the fletching configuration you desire. It has settings for 120, 90 and 75X105 degrees. Raise all the screws flush with the top of the hole, then screw down "ONLY" the one that is on your choice. the degrees are writen below each screw..... "Caution"!..... Do not take the screws all the way out! There is a small coil spring with a very tiny ball bearing in each hole. They have a way of getting lost very easy! I lost one and haven't found a replacement yet.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 12:35:06 pm »
Mark you have mail. Anyone else want them? PatB?

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 01:15:40 pm »
Sure Dana. Like I said I use a JoJan. It is straight fletch and my blitz is helical. Who knows, I may want to do some helical fletching sometime.  ;D  Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 01:21:29 pm »
You have mail Pat

Manistique, MI

Offline markinengland

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 04:12:45 pm »
Dana,
Many thanks.
Mark

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 08:42:29 pm »
   Hey dana can you email me a copy also/
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 08:48:29 pm »
Sure I will write myself a note and do it at work tommow don't feel like scanning em agian

danaM

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 04:16:38 pm »
mullet I need an address ???

DanaM

Manistique, MI

jaselpool

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 06:40:04 am »
Hi all

Any chance I could get a copy of those instructions please?

info@thelongbowshop.com

Many thanks :)

Jason