Author Topic: 72" yew war bow  (Read 55086 times)

duffontap

Re: 72" yew war bow
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 04:15:40 pm »
Nice work Pat.  She'll go over 100# if ever taken to 32".  Looking forward to a full draw shot. 

J. D. Duff

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 09:37:52 pm »
Well, I finally found someone to pull my bow. This is Art Butner's son Jason this weekend at the North Carolina Traditional Archery Tournament near Hickory, NC. Not a classic war bow draw or pull but probably near 30".   Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Asiertxu

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 07:04:16 am »
AWESOME WORK Pat!!!.... 8) 8) 8) 8)....REALLY COOL!!!... :) :) :) :)...
The tiller look´s  PERFECT full-compass shaped circle...
All of that Warbow is IMO EXCELLEN!!...
Cheers and keep up that cool job Pat...
Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 72" yew war bow...Now with full Draw Pic
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »
TTT ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: 72" yew war bow...Now with full Draw Pic
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 11:47:37 pm »
TTT ::)
What a shameless plug to bring ones own bow to the top.  ;D  She looks great Pat.  I'm glad you found someone to draw it for you.  Did you let loose any arrows from it? Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07:43 am »
Justin, We couldn't find a 1000gr arrow anywhere. :D You'd think at an archery shoot someone would have a 1000gr arrow. ;)    Thanks , She does have a nice bend.     Pat

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2007, 12:40:30 am »
Pat, I'm thinking you just cut a small diameter tree and you have a 1000gr arrow.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Loki

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2007, 03:06:58 am »
Very Nice Bow Pat,you should tell your mate to 'get into the Bow' more,he'll have that thing humming  :D.
Durham,England

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2007, 09:59:54 am »
Loki, Thanks for the positive comment. I wish there was someone there that could have gotten "into the bow". The guy that I was gonna give the bow to probably could have but he wasn't there. I would have liked seeing her pulled to "full" draw(32") but I am pleased seeing her at 30". It's hard to see the tiller from only the tiller tree. ;)    Pat

Offline Little John

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2007, 01:14:49 am »
Cool bow Pat, you did that wood proud. Too bad you don't have any hay fields for a flight range. All and all beautiful bow and well done.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:40 am »
Kenneth, I wish you had a chance to shoot her and see her in person. As far as I can pull her, I doubt I could shoot an arrow out of my front yard. ;D.  Pat

Offline Little John

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2007, 10:32:45 am »
I kind of know what you mean Pat, the way my arm has been lately I think I could shoot a war bow about as easy as a kids bow. I think it is getting a little better but is taking forever.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2007, 11:00:42 am »
At our age, things don't repair as quickly as they used to. :'(     Pat

duffontap

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2007, 08:52:25 pm »
That is excellent tiller Pat.  These are not easy bows to build (or pull for that matter).  Tillering those long, long limbs without any flat spots or hinges takes quite a measure of talent.  You nailed it. 

J. D. Duff

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2007, 09:03:37 pm »
Thanks Josh. A lot of contemplation went into building this bow. ??? ::) ;D She is totally different than most of my bows but I thought this particular piece of yew needed to be a special bow. I am totally pleased with her and appreciate the positive comments from everyone.
   She still need to be shot and I need to get the mass weight.      Pat