Author Topic: Still looking in Orange County NY  (Read 14672 times)

Offline tgr

Still looking in Orange County NY
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:23:19 am »
Still looking to start some sort of club in Southern NY state.  Would like to share ideas, materials and possible future hunts.
Tom R

Offline Grizzzly

Re: Still looking in Orange County NY
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:12 pm »
I'm in northwest NJ. I've made a couple bows, looking for others who hunt with homemade stuff. I rifle hunt in the Adirondacks and looking to find some places to hunt just over the border in NY since I buy the license. NJ just getting too crowded and losing land every year to big clubs !! Any public land up your way ?     John
NW  NJ

Offline tgr

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
Hey: sorry about the late response.  I live in Warwick, NY which is on the border of NJ.  I hunt in my back yard. But I do know of areas that might be avialable,I just usually go on my property.  PM when you get this and we can talk some more.
Tom R

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:24 am »
i know its far for you guys but a buddy started something in the westchester area. i'll ask him if he knows anything down your way
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 05:00:56 pm »
To start this post going again - I am in Northern Westchester and would love to meet up with like minded individuals. 

Russ

Offline tgr

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »
I'm in!  I know a guy across the Hudson also near the Taconic Pkway.  I havn't been hunting this year.  Had open heart surgery, but I am finsihing my best bow yet and I am excited to get together.  Tom Reilly, Warwick NY

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
So, lets plan a date - but dont tell my wife, she will never believe that this date in innocent.

Russ   

Offline tgr

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »
I might be available this weekend, 4 day weekend.  I'll email my friend.  He's got a nice collections and much more knowledgable that I am.  I'd like to plan a spring turkey hunt and maybe some 3d events.  Not sure if you'd be into any hunts that you have to pay  for.  I know they have some upstate. 
tom r

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:40 pm »
I'm up near the Rochester area... Its a drive but, ya never know..

Jon

Offline tgr

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 07:59:42 pm »
Hey Rochester is quite a haul!  That's got to be 8 hrs away.  I haven't heard from anyone else yet.  I'll keep you posted.

TRT

Offline Wayne

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »
Im in the Westchester area and would be interested in getting involved.

Offline tgr

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:24 am »
Great,  I heard from a few guys then they disappeared.  I live in Warwick NY.  I'd like to get together and maybe get a group together for that Northern Penn. campout.  Let me know what you think.  It's in May.

Tom R.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »
What northern Penn campout?  Any deatils for me to see?  I would be interested. 

Russ

Offline tgr

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »
There's a 3-d event that RyanO mentioned in the SHooting and event forum.  I  think that's what the forum is called.  I sent you a message last week.  I thought it might be fun to participate.  I'm not a very good shot but maybe I could pick up a few pointers and see some other work.

YT

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 04:51:26 pm »
I just looked at the other post - and yes, it looks like it would be a blast.  I will check with SWMBO and see if I can get away - - maybe with a son or two.  I will get back to you. 

I am not a great shot either - - no worries  - so long as we can laugh at our misses - then we will be alright. 

Russ