Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 159428 times)

Dustybaer

Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 04:55:38 pm »
it all depends if can work out the logistics.  i'd love to come down.  i happen to be in edgewood (near aberdeen) MD, during that time.  i guess it would be easiest if i flew into nashville and somebody could pick me up there, if it's not too far.  plus i don't have any camping gear in the states.  i could probably mail some of my stuff to a friend ahead of time and then mail it back when i return.  i'd love to participate in that bow challenge if pappy or greg could rough out a stave for me  ;D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 10:39:43 pm »
Marius, hope you can make it. We'll find you a stave, I've got a shed full, just name your poison.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Dustybaer

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 07:24:29 am »
hillbilly, that's very kind of you.  something that doesn't grow in germany would be cool, like HHB, osage, vine maple, whatever you guys come up with (just not too snaky. with only 4 bows that lived and one casualty  ;D  my experience is limited)  also, if you could rough it out, it would be great, since i won't have a lot of tools with me, nor time, to finish it for the tournament  ;D

this forum never ceases to amaze me.  you guys are the best.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 01:56:37 pm »
Isn't logistics your cup of tea anyway? I will have plenty of room in my tent for you, Marius. You will need something to sleep on though. Wood and tools should not be a problem. Getting you to drink Papst Blue Ribbon beer is another situation, all together  :o .     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 02:05:17 pm »
pat, you're grossly mistaking if you think you can scare me away with PBR.   ;D

on the tent, that's a very generous offer, my friend and i might have to take you up on it.  my wife claims i snore though, so now's the time to reconsider  ;D

by the way, how far is this event from nashville?  since i intend to fly in, would it be feasible to take a taxi to twin oaks?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:08:16 pm by Dustybaer »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 02:06:30 pm »
I emailed Kenneth trying to get him to drive out with me.  It is about 22 hours, but if I can pick up some wood it would be worth it.  If I bring my truck you might notice a few more trees missing from the side of the highway.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 03:44:35 pm »
It is about 45 min-1hr from the airport if I am not mistaken.  Pappy would you say that is correct? 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 10:02:10 pm »
Ya it's about an hour,depending on the time of day.This is great to see all this intrest,me and Greg won't know what to do with all you guys/gals down there with us.I know we have never meet most of yall but you do feel like family.Tools shouldn't be a problem and I have cots and bags.justin we hang pochers in Tennessee
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 10:37:57 pm »
justin we hang pochers in Tennessee
Man you sound like family too.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 02:19:23 pm »
I've got an 8 man dome tent I can set up if anyone needs a place to sleep. Also have cots, sleeping bags, etc.

Marius, if you can make it, we'll see you have a dry place to lay your head! :)

It's exciting hearing all you folks are going to try and make it. Really looking forward to meeting each of you and maybe picking up some new techniques...yall are a talented group! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 08:24:30 am »
greg, ain't much you could learn from me ( i think you guys already master drinking beer  ;D )

i may have mentioned it before, but you guys are the best.  i, also, can't wait to meet y'all in person.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 09:25:51 pm »
Pat....if ya can see thru it....it aint beer. :P

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 10:40:08 am »
I guess I can get a stave or two there?  ??? When is everybody showing up?  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 10:42:34 am »
Justin, Did you talk Kenneth into coming with you? Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 11:30:10 am »
He didn't know if he could get away that long.  He wants to think about it for a few days.  He was right in the middle of hunt applications when I talked to him.  Justin

SW Utah