Author Topic: Tenn Classic  (Read 42129 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Tenn Classic
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 10:50:52 pm »
Oh and a hearty welcome to 8up and wsm coyote! ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 11:12:02 pm »

I'm afraid to start mentioning some of the great PA folks I met because I know I'll leave out most of them due to forgetfulness on my part. But I did get to have more then a brief conversation with a few. I really enjoyed getting to know Marius and discussing differences and similiarities between our two countries. Justin and I spent some time around some good bow wood, some of which is responsible for my stiff back I'm sure! ;D

Working on a recurve late Friday night with Ryan was definitely a learning experience...I'll try and have a little better piece of wood to try out next year. Would have liked to shoot some with Ryan, although I'm sure he would have humbled me...yes I spied him shooting at the practice bale! :)
Pat is just as giving of himself in person as he is here. I wish I could have spent more time talkin' bow making with him. Thanks again Pat for the birch bark! I enjoyed talking with Hillbilly and also talking wine making with his charming wife! His son also seemed to be a fine young man.

I also enjoyed some of the dark homemade beer, even if it was already at the bottom of that gallon jug! ;)  And of course Sarah, Marie and Monroe were all a pleasure to spend time with! Glad to hear everyone got home safely...time to plan for next year! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 12:10:09 am »
Hey Shanon, glad to see ya made it over here! I got home today at around 2:30 this afternoon, stoped at my brothers house last night in ohio and started driving again this morning. :)
Koan, I see Justins truck must have made it at least as far as your house with that load of wood aye? Hope you guys had a safe trip!
Greg, I dont know who you where watchin shoot but it couldnt of been me..... :-[ I aint no good..... :P  ::)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline ScottH

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:37 am »
This was my second year attending the TN Classic. The folks at Twin Oaks sure go out of there way to make you feel at home. I enjoyed myself more this year despite the weather. I even finished my bow in plenty of time to shoot the self bow challenge. That was a personal goal of mine that I didn't get to do last year. :) From the looks of the numbers on my scorecard I need to raise the goals on my shooting. :-[

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 12:30:23 am »
Heck, I figured Justin would have logged in by now. I want to see how goofy he will be after another 48 hour marathon. ;D
   Brian, It was good to meet ya. I'm looking forward to seeing that new osage bow up for BOM. Glad to see you made it home OK. ???   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 12:50:27 am »
Pat, I posted on the Tenn Classic post.  KEEP UP....  I drove 14 hours, took a 3 hour nap and drove another 12 1/2.   ;D I counted up my sleep for the week, and I managed 19 1/2 hours from last Tuesday until now. We kept staying up late, and as soon as it started to get light I was wide awake. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 01:00:05 am »
Glad to see you made it. ;) I won't ask what it cost carrying the load you had. :o   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 01:04:18 am »
I got the same mileage both ways. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 01:11:34 am »
Good truck.     Hey, it's feelin' like the old days! just you and me.  :D    Pat

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 08:54:23 am »
Glad to hear yall all made it home safe, It was a great time and you guys and gals I felt like I have none forever,best bunch of folks I believe I ever meet,just what I was expecting.One question,In all the pictures Monroe always has his arm around my wife,whats up with that ;) ;D ;D
I have a lot of catching up to do so I will check in some but I need to go to work.I will have pictures
in a day or 2 and the results from the shoot.Thanks to all of yall from the bottom of my heart,it was so good having good friends around. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 07:51:17 pm »
Pappy, Monroe has good taste. It was a great time, I cant wait to come back.  I really enjoyed working with Greg on helping kids build bows. I felt like I had known you guys forever.  I could do a lot better job of posting pictures if I had my computer.  :'( Justin

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 10:58:24 pm »
Well if you ever "git" your computer fixed and post the pics minus the "latrine exhibit" make sure you photoshop it so I look like a movie star! ;) Or at least as young as "Princess" SarahAnne! ;D  (Don't forget I was the one that donated to/enabled your addiction by giving you just a wee bit of lumber) :)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 11:05:10 pm »
I called today and they said I would have it by Thursday at the latest.  Ill have to learn how to use photoshop before I can use it.  I have another program.  After that donation I will put Pat's beard and my hair on Sarah if it would make you feel better.  ;D Justin

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 11:13:21 pm »
Thank you, Justin! Yes I do believe I would like to see that!  :o  Especially since you told me you deleted my "artful" renditions of Pappy's facilities. >:(  I wanted everyone to know Southerners are civilized, they may be barefoot and talk abit  crazy and slow but definitly know the importance of the outhouse. ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 11:26:09 pm »
Actually we were into the event several days. From the pictures I would say the thing was empty and hadn't been used.  That is the reason Greg and I never left the bare ground around the shed. Never know what you might step in out in the bushes.  :-[ Justin

SW Utah