Author Topic: A Christmas Gift From The Great White North  (Read 5450 times)

HatchA

Re: A Christmas Gift From The Great White North
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 02:34:18 pm »
That looks like a beautiful arrow - expertly made!  His presence is missed on these boards alright :)

I'm glad the three people found him and I hope he overcomes his problem.  Pass on a "Merry Christmas" wish from me please?

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 03:46:51 pm »
I have been missing Dana on this forum, and wish all the good in the world. I have had real good dealings with him and he is the real deal kind of a person. Be strong Dana and just know you'r the man. Very nice gift.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline RG

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 06:22:40 pm »
Mike let Dana know that I am thinking of him

Ron

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 06:32:26 pm »
Dana's got some strong opinions but he's good people for sure...and super talented!  He is missed, maybe Santa will let him back on :)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 11:13:16 pm »
 That's sad, I hope he get's his life together. I'm glad somebody found him, Dana's a very nice and talented guy, I hope he shakes his demons.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 02:30:37 am »
Ron...I will let him know...Jeff...most Yoopers have Strong Opinions...some good ...some bad...but they all hold true to their Beliefs...that's for sure...and as for Santa...that would be great...but doubtful.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 01:06:44 pm »
Glad to hear Dana is ok and trying to stay sober.  It was the alcohol that was the cause of all his problems here
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 02:12:42 pm »
Dana was the first to welcome me to the PA family and since then we shared some good times on the phone.  I talked to him just last week and it was good to share some laughs with him.  He has some good skills and a heart that makes him give to a fault.  It did not take him long to learn how to make some very good hunting points.  Those of us that he has given to appreciate him and wish him the best.  Sometimes ole man Fate can deal up some realism that can be a hard lesson learned and if that's the case here then all I can offer is for all of us to encourage him to get well.  My opinions, to often expressed, have made for some tough and awkward times times for me and that's true for Dana.  Sometimes life can be a bitch!  A/Ho Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 07:48:04 pm »
beautiful work. ive been talking to him and i think he can do it.  ive had plenty of arguments as well as good times with him , hell i think i was the one who banned him from the site the first time. if he can use that stubborn , tough yooper attitude with me , beating the booze will be easy.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Jesse

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 01:25:32 am »
Talked to Dana and he is doing better but now his hands freeze real fast in the cold.  His life was saved by the guys that found him but this experience might also save his life. 
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark