Author Topic: Cost of Knapping Lessons?  (Read 10327 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Cost of Knapping Lessons?
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 06:59:09 am »
screwed up again old man!!!!  ;D being mistaken for jesse aint a bad thing  :)
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline sailordad

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 01:18:16 pm »
screwed up again old man!!!!  ;D being mistaken for jesse aint a bad thing  :)

i hear that,i wish someone would mistake his talent for mine
that would be so coooooooooool  :D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 02:22:02 pm »

Still trying to get him into the Monastery in Bulgaria, but yepher, I shor nuff did get a tad cornfused atwixt the two of you.  Sailor dad, as for the Obsidian slivers exiting by themselves, I have one in my right big toe, between the ball, and the joint, and it has been there for a couple of months or more now.  It is near a nerve.  I tried digging it out, and it is in such a position, that I can't twist my foot in a good enough position, for very long, to operate on it, and when I get the tweezers on it, it hits the nerve, and hurts like the dickens.  I got it all but a small piece, and it is still there, and occasionally I will press something against it, and it will let me know it is still there real quick. :o  Yeah, I wish I was as bad as Jesse is at knapping.  Hmmmm maybe I will tell him that the monastery is sitting on a creek, that has nothing but amber flint boulders, and nodules in it....... ;)

Wayne

Offline sailordad

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »
Wayne, that might just work to get him there\but once he got there and didnt find it
you now he wouldnt stay long
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 12:13:34 am »
 You guy's have to pardon that old Geezer. He babbles that crap when he comes over here. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 12:56:16 am »

He has to have a recessive gene from some distant paleo ancestor.  You don't just start knapping, and six months later start turning out museum quality pieces ! :o  And then take it as just no big thing...... it's easy, you just whack it here, and then push here, and see, there is a pine tree ! ::)  Here I am going on a few years, and just now am able to run a longer flake fairly consistently, and turn out a functional point point every now then.  And not at all pretty, just functional! :'(  Jesse, you are phenomenal ! 8)  At least Emory Coons, and Claude Van Order, have doing it since they were kids. ;) I don't know know how long Vryl Keeter in Oklahoma has been knapping.  Maybe my lack of skill has something to do with Eddie forcing beers on me, and stuffing me with food, so I don't have time to develop a good technique, and every time I try to knapp here at home, I have to stop and go get a beer...........  I can't help it, that is how Eddie trained me!   ;D hmmmm, yeah, that's the ticket! ;D

Wayne

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 08:13:39 am »
Yall are to much..

Wayn i think you got me mixed up with Shanon aka sawfiler now.
I have been knapping for 12 years.  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline stickbender

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »

Well Jesse, if you and Shannon, would have gone to Bulgaria, and lived in the Monastery for five years, I wouldn't be getting you guys confused!  Well none the less, you are still one heck of a knapper. ;)  Oh, if you change your mind, take warm clothes, I understand it can sometimes get a little chilly over there, up in those mountains  ::).......But I hear they make some mighty fine beer, and brandy, though.  ;).......Ok, Shannon, makes pine trees, Jesse makes big blades, Jamie makes primitive shelters, and items, for the museums, or parks, and collects chaga, speaking of which, I have three more brewing's left in mine.  I am going to have to see if I can find some in MT.  Hey, Jamie, does it grow up high also?  I have something on one of my birches, by my pond, that looks like Chaga, but it is about ten foot or so up, on a limb.  Ok, now, Leapingbare, is Jesse, he makes big blades, and such, Shannon is Sawfiler, he makes pine trees, Jamie is Jamie, he makes primitive shelters, tools, gathers primitive foods, etc., Stickbender ........Stickbender ....is ......Aw crap! ::) ::)

Wayne..... I think..... ;D 

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 11:18:32 pm »
wayne you need meds. => take a pic of the birch ill let ya know. if its not ill get ya more.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline stickbender

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 11:57:56 pm »

Alright Jamie, but I won't be going back out to Mt. till the end of April, after I get another rectal exam by IRS. :P

Wayne