Author Topic: Knapping Folks "Roll Call"?  (Read 211394 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Re: Knapping Folks "Roll Call"?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »
I`m only about 10 minutes south of the line... any chance you`d care to get together this comming weekend?  I`ll be at a "get outta the house" camp in Fremont, IN, with a group of living history re-enactors... just taking a weekend off to enjoy a little camplife, woodsmoke & friendship.  We camp at a place called Wildwinds Buffalo Ranch there in Fremont a couple times a year & have started a winter camp to clear the cobwebs of the mind & get away from the flatlanders for a while...   ::)  PM me if you`d like directions & bring your knapping kit, I`ll have mine there to pass some of the time.

Lobo69ss, looks like I missed a good opportunity to meet some folks and pick up some pointers.  Sorry about that...  If you guys have another "gathering" and don't mind a new guy please drop me a PM or whatever as I am very interested in seeing some hands on work.  Many thanks,
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline RickB

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 09:29:58 am »
Hi folks, I've been lurking quite a while and enjoy the forum. I'm Rick B, I've been knapping for three years and am from Columbia, SC. I've only been to one knapp-in and it was the one in Chapel Hill last year. Rick B
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:55:27 am by RickB »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 04:13:24 am »

Dang Justin !  You are a glutton for punishment!  That is like skipping flight school, and going right into combat! :o  That is some tough stuff!  You going to use those dogwood baseball bats too? ;D ;D

Wayne

JustinNC

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 12:22:02 am »
It's not tough if you don't know better! Just trying to be loyal to our rock here in NC hah

Offline David M. Kidd

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 06:29:47 pm »
Knoxville Tn
David M. Kidd

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 10:31:27 pm »
Just getting started Im from Netarts just out of Tillamook Oregon

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline rockbob

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 10:43:05 pm »
Rockbob here, I live in Forest City, North Carolina

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:58 pm »
Welcome rockbob ;D
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:04 am »
think im gonna move south cause there aint nobody saying new england!!!!!!!!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline stickbender

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 04:05:40 am »

Jamie, they are all down here!  :o My Girlfriend is from Fall River, and her Sister, and her Husband, and one son, are living down here, her other Sister's brother n law and Sister n law are living down here, Her Brother is down visiting with her now, her Niece, and her Husband, and Daughter, just left Monday morning.  I can't go into a store, without hearing someone speak, that never had an "R", and doesn't know what to do with it, when they get one, or how to pronounce it. ::)  So you might as well come on down also.  But bring a load of Chaga with you, cause there isn't any down here.  That I know of at least. 

Wayne

Offline jamie

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 09:15:18 am »
florida has too many things that bite, im thinking the carolinas.  :)
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

JustinNC

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:22 pm »
florida has too many things that bite, im thinking the carolinas.  :)

Come on, I need somebody to beat on this concrete down here with me.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 03:30:30 am »

Jamie, they are all down here!  :o My Girlfriend is from Fall River, and her Sister, and her Husband, and one son, are living down here, her other Sister's brother n law and Sister n law are living down here, Her Brother is down visiting with her now, her Niece, and her Husband, and Daughter, just left Monday morning.  I can't go into a store, without hearing someone speak, that never had an "R", and doesn't know what to do with it, when they get one, or how to pronounce it. ::)  So you might as well come on down also.  But bring a load of Chaga with you, cause there isn't any down here.  That I know of at least. 

Wayne
no R's ???....... im guessing rhode island(aka the best state there is ;D)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 07:57:54 pm »
Jamie: you could move down here to TX and build yourself a very fine stone house from chert ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »
id never getit built!!!

waterbury, ct