Author Topic: Knapping Folks "Roll Call"?  (Read 211978 times)

FannieOxymn

Knapping Folks "Roll Call"
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2019, 03:00:01 am »
Hello everyone,
  I live in central NC and I have just begun my primitive journey. After doing some research I have pretty much found out that NC is a bit slack in the materials needed for Knapping. But then again from what I have found so far every thing I have read is from 5 years ago or more. Which leads me to my Question does anyone have a good source for material on free land?

_____
XEvil 4.0: NEW! the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2

Offline Danthebugleman

Re: Knapping Folks "Roll Call"?
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2020, 10:06:21 am »
I am from the pueblo of Acoma  in New Mexico. been knapping for 30+ years.

Offline pumarchery

« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2020, 02:06:43 pm »
Good initiative this thread. I want to eventually knap points for arrows, I have the TBVs 1-4 and just order bows and arrows of the Native Americans of J Hamm for starting it up a bit. Any other recommendations for literature? Eventually I want to use the skill to make arrow in Geronimo style to give back a bit to the club were I started, as a gift together with a lil recreation of his bow, as that hero archer of old is our clubs namesake.

I'm located in a the Netherlands, in the center province Utrecht. Does anyone know good Knapping material for Benelux? Seems to be allot of info for US but not much for us europe side

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2020, 02:20:47 pm »
Good flint in Denmark and England.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Flntknp17

« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2020, 10:50:59 am »
I live in central Iowa and have been knapping for 31 years.  I've been concentrating on replicating ancient points using ancient tools the last couple years. 

Matt

Offline Danthebugleman

« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2020, 10:07:56 am »
 I live in Bernalillo New Mexico  about 15 miles North of Albuquerque.
I am a native American  from the Pueblo of Acoma  (AT)