Author Topic: crooketarrow here are the staves you have to choose from  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
crooketarrow here are the staves you have to choose from
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:13:34 am »
crooketarrow these are the Vine Maple staves I got for yu to choose from, you are looking at the back of the bow in the pic choose what one you want if its one of the bigger ones I will reduce it down a bit so it will loose some water weight and not cost so much for shipping. They are all cut 69 to 70 inches and I marked the tension side of the bark with a light scrape mark so you know where your back will be. When the belly is reduced to cut weight they will take on reflex they always do, some more than others. Let me know what you think if you want more pics of a specific one let me know and ill take more tomorrow. Josh
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:39:15 am by Elktracker »
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: crooketarrow here are the staves you have to choose from
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:15:12 am »
 ;D  The bigger ones are around 3 inches through or more
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:45:28 am »
What kind of wood is it?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:36:45 am »
This is Vine Maple I am in a trade with crooketarrow and thought this was the appropriate place to post pics for him since he had trouble getting the pics on his e mail.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:38:52 pm »
K here is the one 2nd from the right as requested this is a nice one I will reduce it down on the belly side with the bandsaw but I will leave enough you still wont be able to bend it. You can see it has some reflex by looking at the picture with the tarp in it, the back is faceing up and it will gain more reflex once the tension wood is cut from the compressin wood. Hope you like it

Josh
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:42:49 pm by Elktracker »

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »
I dont know if you have seen this before but it gives you a good idea of the reflex it will take ater its reduced. cool thread imo http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,2191.0.html