Author Topic: Started my trade bow - full draw and shipped  (Read 30837 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Started my trade bow - full draw and shipped
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2011, 11:08:16 pm »
George: I just went through and looked at this project from start to finish. Looks like you got all the good outa that peice of wood - dadgum man. And with exceptional results!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DEllis

« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2011, 11:29:09 pm »
That turned out awesome George, especially considering what you had to work with  :o.
Stringman, you are one lucky guy.
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2011, 12:55:37 am »
Wow!  Look at all the holes in the walls and ceiling he has had to repair after shooting that bow!  And when you see how spread out all the holes are you gotta wonder if he's that bad a shot (I doubt it) or else gstoneberg builds scattershot bows (my vote).   >:D

Have fun, Stringman, looks like you got a nice bow outa the deal!  Congrats!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
I have to say that I'm thrilled with this bow! I was beginning to wonder if I was gonna be the guy that was forgotten. But in this case the wait was definitely worth it. I love the thread from beginning to end. I love the snake skin and rawhide backing. The overall detail that was put in the bow is outstanding. George you nailed the draw weight, length, and tiller. And soon as I get the arrows tuned for it Im positive that it is gonna be a track driver. I can't say thank you enough. This its truly a special bow. And just think 6 months ago I was wondering if I should go through with the bow trade or not.

Also, I wanted to make sure to say thanks for the bow sock that was sent with the bow. This bow is gonna get used, I can assure you!

Scott

Offline Keenan

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »
 George that is an incredible bow! The full draw says it all. That is going to be an cherished gift for some lucky individual. Well done!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »
Scott,

Worth the wait is right.. That's a dandy bow.. Your snake skin is on this link, http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,24345.90.html

It's the big skin on the left on the trampoline.. It's the 7th pic on the page.. I think that bow will last quite some time.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ohma2

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2011, 12:32:58 pm »
great bow ,great builder, great gift.like to see them tough pieces of wood come to life.