Author Topic: TN Classic Knapping Thread  (Read 8943 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Re: TN Classic Knapping Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 11:22:04 pm »
Eddie, I borrowed a big one from you Sat night but remember handing it back to you. You were sitting on the edge of the pit facing the eating area talking to somebody when I gave it back. Is that the one you're missing? 
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »
Allright guys. I get the jest that the scouts were a pain but did anybody besides Bob, Jesse, John and Shannon make anything over the weekend? Some of us might like to see some pictures, hahahahahhaha ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

JustinNC

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »
Allright guys. I get the jest that the scouts were a pain but did anybody besides Bob, Jesse, John and Shannon make anything over the weekend? Some of us might like to see some pictures, hahahahahhaha ;D.

I made gravel...I put my stuff away and didn't knap much and instead of breaking more rock, watched Shannon, Jesse, and Patrick.........Patrick is a factory when it comes to tinnnnny bird points.

Won't but a couple others besides the ones you mentioned even knapping. Mason and his dad, but they left Friday afternoon I think.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »
That's ok Justin - wouldn't mind seeing your gravel too ;). And Patrick, how could I forget Patrick? Sorry crafty, now I remember that pic of the tiny point you made and gave away. Don't matter if it's points and blades. I just wanna see what happened in the pit and what I missed :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:23 am »
Cowboy, I did, but if I say anything, Shannon will make fun of me. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:17 am »
Swallow your pride and post away Eddie ;D.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 12:14:35 am »
Shannon, Got that one and remember when you handed it back. It is the next size down.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 12:21:47 am »
And Patrick, how could I forget Patrick? Sorry crafty, now I remember that pic of the tiny point you made and gave away.  I just wanna see what happened in the pit and what I missed :).

OK Paul ...here are a couple that Patrick knocked out for Me...I am telling You ...this Guy can knapp..even the Junk Jesse tosses...he makes Points from ...like a Champ!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:03 am »
Cowboy, I did, but if I say anything, Shannon will make fun of me. ::)
Nope. Paul, Eddie made a very nice coral Newnan. It went in the point case that was raffled off O:)
 I made one pine tree but gave it to WolfWatcher and never got a picture of it. I also made a couple hunting points but they're on arrows...and no pics of those either.
 I also made a couple from that green rock I got from DLH but he has the pretty one.
 Jesse made the one that stole the show. It was a KILLER clovis. Maybe he'll post a picture of it.
 And Patrick...man oh man! Talk about getting the most out of a piece of rock. I'll put up a picture of the one he gave me tomorrow.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 12:43:30 am »
Now we're talkin! Thanks mike! Man that Patrick has more patients than I do! Beautiful tiny points! I've seen some of the awesome points and blades -  muchas gracias Shannon, looking forward to your pic's. Got any of the pit itself? I keep hearing about the new pit. Looks like it's in the same place, been expanded or what? Thanks fellow knappers ;D.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 01:33:04 am »
Paul, the pit is pretty much the same as the last time I saw it but now there are more places to sit.  I think that the pile of gravel was also getting too high and a lot of it was removed?  Jesse would know how to answer that one.

I would show off some of my points I made in the pit but I think I gave them all away.  ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline sailordad

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:10 am »
i made a few preforms
and only to points the whole time
one of which went into the point case for the raffle
the other i gave to Indian Joe
he left a bucket of rock in the pit
Mason tossed me a spall and i made a point from it
i figured it was Joes rock,so the point rightfully belonged to him too  ;)

i'll go thru my pics nad see what i have for pics
maybe ill just start  a new thread of my own
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 11:32:50 am »
Did anybody get a picture of the case after it was filled?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »
I don't recall seeing anyone take any pictures of it Eddie :-\
 Pappys son won it, so it shouldn't be too hard to get one if he can ever figure out how to use his new camera.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »
Well I made a real raid on some fantastic points.  Shannon gave me a beautiful pine tree with mountains and a blue river running thru it.  Would be happy to have you come for a visit to see it as I am too old and dumb to put pictures on the PA site.  Jesse gave me a wonderful two sided full length fluted point.  Am not sure what name to give it but am thinking of locking it up in my gun case.  Mr. Crafty blessed me with a hand made arrow with a perfect tiny point.  It went into the raffle quiver (was a real temptation to just sneak in and ride off with it Indian style). That fellow is talented. Then there was the heart shaped point that Sailordad gave me and the hafted point necklace that will always remind me of him.  A/Ho Indian Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight