Author Topic: Cody's build along (finished pictures page 6 full draw added)  (Read 52108 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Cody's build along
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2007, 07:36:24 pm »
Lookin good there Cody/Justin! I've got to try and get the girls interested (to be honest I don't think it's going to happen). Maybe with the youngest, she's seven.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:22 pm »
  Justin,Don't know how I missed this one.Great project,Great looking bow to be and you have a good looking son.Gator season starts tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 12:04:57 am »
I'm enjoying the build along so far, as far as age goes 10 is probably a good age to start, just make sure you catch them before the girls do, my son is 14 and it's hard to get him interested in alot other than the girls. I'll get him later when he's married, lol
VB

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »
OK folks, Cody was out of school today for Labor Day holiday.  I woke him up to do his chores and mow the lawn.  He asked if he could work on his bow after his chores were done.  Today he got it floor tillered then cut the string groves.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2007, 08:28:06 pm »
very cool . i have to get the kids going on theres again now. peace

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2007, 09:44:34 pm »
Lookin good :), can't rush things most of the time - can't wait to see it bending.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 08:42:03 am »
Look at the determination on his face in the first pic ;D Good job Cody and the lawn looks good also ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 12:32:10 pm »
He is definately determined, and having a good time.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 06:07:47 pm »
OK guys, a little more fun on Saturday.  I showed Cody all the different colors of wood, the different types and color of horn, and the different antlers that I have for nocks.  No big shock, Cody wanted buffalo horn.  I would have picked the same when I was his age.  He cut the overlays from a horn that I had cut the tips off and sent to someone.  Then he sanded and shaped them with the belt sander.  He glued them on with TB 3 and used a rat tail file to cut in the string grooves.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 08:03:55 pm »
Way to go cody, you will be shootin her soon ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

tradrick

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2007, 09:03:19 pm »
Very cool Cody,great job Justin.Your going to help cut the learning curve for him by years.tradrick

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2007, 09:40:39 pm »
Im guessing codys hair comes from his mothers side of the family? Just kiddin. Glad to see you and Cody doing the bow thing together,youll have the memories forever. Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:51 am »
Looks like you are coming along good Cody,can't wait to see it shooting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2007, 08:37:46 am »
Justin,

It looked like the bow was bending quite a bit just off the fades in the floor tiller pic. Might be careful in that area.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2007, 10:50:36 am »
Thanks guys, Cody sure appreciates the encouragement.  I think it is what keeps him motivated.
Auggie, Cody could shave his head and have more hair than I did when I had a mullet, so yes he gets it from mom.  :D
Greg,  I noticed that.  I think we have it mostly fixed.  I usually don't get the fades bending enough, so I'm not to worried about them bending.  ;) Thanks for the heads up.  Justin

SW Utah