Linked Events

• N.C. Primitive Skills Rendez: October 03, 2008 - October 05, 2008

Author Topic: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.  (Read 96515 times)

Offline boo

Re: North Carolina Primative Skills Rendeszous.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 02:40:08 pm »
count me in for what ever you need. it isnt that far from here so maybe nugget and myself can run down for some work days . i have a buddy who does brain tanning and beadwork so ill give him a holler and let him know.i hope there is some shadded places to put the demos on. boo
Boo

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 02:44:46 pm »
I was about to volunteer Greg to head the bow building. But it looks to me like he already volunteered.  ;D ::) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 03:19:32 pm »
Thats mighty fine of ya Greg donating yer time ;) Perhaps you could arrange for some big industrial
AC units also ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

DBernier

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 03:21:02 pm »
Boo look at photo above #DSCN2147. That is a shot looking directly south. The areas on the sides either have shade in the morning or shade in the afternoon. If you do not have a tarp, we can get you one and you could be in the shade all day.  There are a couple of areas where shade is good all day long. If there is a work weekend scheduled next year we'll try and schedule it when a bunch of us can be there. I have a backhoe/bucket loader there and a bush hog so we have some heavy help.  I will do a aerial survey and mark off some points of interest. Now I gotta find where I left the dern plane.
  Justin, I didn't see the word Volunteer in Gregs post.  ;D  His  suggestions are taken to heart thou.  ;D  You certainly would need a one on one when the "sharp" tools are used. This year maybe a constant demo on building a self bow with an occasional input/help from a young person would work. If Greg could come he is welcome to head that one up. I am sure there would be a boat load of Boyer's helping him. BTW it does not have to be only one guy doing the demo. A bunch of guys could take turns. It could be real easy then. This would apply to all the demo's. Keep thinking guys. Write it down.

Dick Bernier

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 03:43:16 pm »
This is sounding better all the time. I'm sure me and Barry could cover friction fire among other stuff.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 07:24:40 pm »
Hey Hillbilly, that would be great too on the friction fire. Don't spread yourself thin. I'm sure Nugget could hook up with you. He looks like a good resource. That makes 5 of you from the Ashville "area", that is, Western NC. I have about 5 bow fire starters down stairs. I could make up at least 10 or more for demo's and maybe give them away. One free to the first boy who never did make fire that way, and did it first. See how this is comming together. And its only the first week. You guys are great.

Dick Bernier

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:41 pm »
   I wished I lived closer,sounds like the planning is going to be fun too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 09:16:43 pm »
It's not that far from Florida, Mullet, don't be a big baby and drive up!  ;D You act like you live next door to Manny! ;) Talk to Justin he made a HUGE trek for the ToJam, I mean the Tenn. Classic.   ;D   Maybe all you Floridians should go in together and rent one of those "high end" RV's the kind with Dish network, maybe a swiming pool on top, etc....just charge it to Dick and Pat. ;)
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 09:28:03 pm »
Marie does that RV have a wine rack also ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »
If I order it for you, it will! ;)

Offline longfletch

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 09:34:20 pm »
i wanna go!!  ;D i can do darts, atlatls, i suck at knapping but ill get mikki to make me some points before we go
bryan
i like poetry, long walks and the beach and poking dead things with a stick

DBernier

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 10:05:20 pm »
Thank you Bryan. I'll hook you up with Don Ward and we can hash out something for you to do. Maybe a history of Atlatl's and a demo etc. Be thinking about what you can offer on a daily basis and how you would do it. Looking good so far.
  Hey Eddie, the planning is always fun. It would be a blast to have a bunch of you here from Fl. Bring some cool rock for us starving nappers.  I can tell you this. I make it from my house to rt 4 on I-95 in 8 1/2 hrs at night. No traffic. The area at the site generally has a breeze there. We do have an air conditioned office there. I plan on installing an outside shower so if you are in a bathing suit, loin cloth etc, just get under and "get wet" and cool off.

Dick Bernier

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 10:42:31 pm »
Marie,I'll be there for the gathering,hope you are.Hell half the state of N.C. is owned by Florideans.Ask Pat he gets rich off them.I've already made 5 trips to S.C.,and 1 to Ga. hunting this year.Marie it'll be hot that time of year,got a loin cloth? :o
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 11:01:26 pm »
Mullet, I don't have a loin cloth for you  :P , but talk to Jamie.... ;D

jamie

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 05:45:03 am »
who!