Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-o-Rama: July 27, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 27, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 28, 2007
  • Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 29, 2007

Author Topic: Patty's camp-o-rama and primitive skills weekend And Birthday Bash  (Read 107287 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Patty's camp-o-rama and primitive skills weekend
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 05:30:36 pm »
OUCH!!!!!
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »
Naaaah, Koan, they are just blowin' steam... ;) trying to buy time while they see if they can find their arrows. :o  I think we can attach one of those beeping things like Sharper Image sells for keys to Dana's arrows.  ;D  Or the like the "clapper"  just clap your hands and you can find your arrows ;D.  Then, Dana, show me which bush to field dress.  ;)  Notice how kind Pat is, no biting comments? :)  Suthun' gentleman that he is, plus I  have his respect and admiration and I ain't givin it back! ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 07:14:27 pm »
Marie I just shot a great big trophy POISON IVY bush still wanna demonstrate ;) ;D While yer cleaning it maybe you can
get my arra back fer me.

I like the clapper idea Marie it would save on lost arra's fer sure, think ya might want to patent that idear.

Holy wuh eh guess I'm  just a hick Yooper with no manners. Marie do ya know what a Yooper is?

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:16 pm »
a "hick Yooper"  webster says it is the "anti-suthun' gentleman" ;D  Is that right?

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 07:25:27 pm »
After great thought, I realized that "beeping" isn't very primitive  >:(
so how 'bout ,Dana, you "clap" once and then your arrow responds with a caveman like "ugh!"  :D or if you want to be fancy  8) and scare off any game (if there is any left) it can say "ooga booga!"   ;D 
Dana, you would have your own tribal dance going just looking for all your arrows! ;) "clap" "ooga! booga!" "clap" "ooga! booga!" :o (of course the "ooga booga" noise is a chorus of arrows)  ;D  ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 08:07:23 pm »
  Heck,I could probally get a deer on the way with the "killer Jeep".
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 08:17:58 pm »
Nope not anti southern not at all. Ya never know I might retire down thar.
I like the "UGH Me a Yooper"

You do a pretty good job of keeping our egos in line Marie, I guess everyone has a mission in life eh. ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »
I am not opposed to gutting road kill...as long as you boys will eat it! ;D  "clap" "ooga booga"  ;D
Dana, it is the oddest thing, but you aren't the first person to tell me that   :P   ;D  It is a very hard job, but somebody has to do it! 8)

You should move down here...Koan thinks it could be heaven and Pappy and Greg know that it is! ;)  Justin even drove, I dont' know how many hours just to spend a weekend here! :D
so what is  Yooper?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:53:24 pm by Calendargirl »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 09:07:39 pm »
Marie a Yooper is some one who lives above the bridge in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan(UP). Michigan is divided by a 5 mile suspension bridge us that live above it are Yoopers
those that live under the bridge are Trolls ;D Were a mixed bunch of nationalities up here but very proud of our heritage. The largest town up here is about 40, 000
with many if ya blink ya missed um towns. I think we may be more hillbilly then many of you southern folks. as to road kill I've stopped and picked it up and yes ate it why
waste good meat eh. From here to Nashville is 853 miles according to Google, not to bad I'm hoping to make the Classic at Pappy's next year ifin I come I will bring ya bottle of Yooper wine ok. And I'm sure its tough keeping us all in line but ya luv it dont ya?

Manistique, MI

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 09:20:00 pm »
Sarah and I get paid to keep you all in line!   ;D Never enough but paid non-the-less.   Feel free to send the Editor comments about how fabulous we are!  No comments "NON" if you are reading this!  >:( .  ToJam, eh I mean the Tenn. Classic is a blast!  :)  Patty's camp-o-rama-birthday-fest-primitive-skill-fest willl be fun as well.  Esp. since Pat will be gracing you all with his RiPVanWinkle presence...sounds like DickBernier is beginning to plan another N.C. fabulous fest for next year... ;)  You boys sure love your parties! ;D  eh hem  I mean primitive rendezvous, like a bunch of hens with all your planning  ;) I mean great that you all are planning such events!   ;D  As always send me the dates...I will try to keep the calendar updated but you guys are planning almost faster than I can type. :o

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:38 pm »
  Hey Dana,Is that bridge the one I heard about that is so high some people are afraid to drive over?My wife worked with a guy from there,and he said there were locals that would drive the tourist cars over the bridge for them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ScottH

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:22 pm »
I think I could make that date, if nothing don't happen. I could use some help getting started on another bow and picking up some primative knowledge. Who ever said it was so easy a caveman could do it! ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 12:06:01 am »
Scott, Great to hear you might make it. We'll have you shooting your bow by Sunday! ;)   An old saying...just because its simple doesn't mean its easy!!! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 07:13:05 am »
Eddie its pretty dang tall, I've never heard of tourists afraid to drive over it but wouldn't surprise me. When the wind is blowin
you can see it swaying back and forth. Some of the lanes are just metal grates ya should try riding a motorcycle across it ;D
Quite a while back a Yugo got blown offin it a gust wind picked it up and tossed it over the side. Here's a pic

I apologize Pat for getting yer thread of topic,

[attachment deleted by admin]

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:51 am »
if i was grown up i would come :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo