Author Topic: Future Bows  (Read 19525 times)

Offline k-hat

Re: Future Bows
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 01:53:32 am »
Man oh man!  I'm just reading this now, wish ida seen it Friday!!  All that mowin and grilling i did saturday shor coulda waited till monday, seeing as i live just about 30min up the road from ya.  Maybe next time George, but happy for ya you had such an awesome find :D

Kevin

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 02:07:46 am »
Yea Mark, I love the old Jeep.  There was no doubt that trailer was behind me when it was full of osage.  I normally call a couple young guys that like to split wood and they unload it for me.  Mary says she'll help me tomorrow.  Gonna be interesting.  We might break out the log chain and try your approach.  Wish you could have joined us.  You too Kevin.  Stop over sometime, I'd like to meet you.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »
'97 Cherokee here.  Great minds think alike....and all fools fail in familiar fashion!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »
That green one's a 96...170K miles.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.  We unloaded the trailer this morning.  Hooked a log chain around each log and drug it out of the trailer with the golf cart.  Worked like a charm. 

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 07:31:24 pm »
One word George..."WOW"   >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jpitts

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 11:56:38 pm »
Like Lee said George....WOW !!!
If I'd sen this before today...I'd been tempted to drive out from Ga. Especially for Gravy -n-Biscuits.
 ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline Stretch

• I'm a custom furniture maker/wannabe bowyer.
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 01:42:10 am »
That green one's a 96...170K miles.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.  We unloaded the trailer this morning.  Hooked a log chain around each log and drug it out of the trailer with the golf cart.  Worked like a charm. 

George

Yup, I think the Cherokee is one of the best (if not the best) vehicle that Chrysler made in the past 30 years.  It was a sad day when they discontinued them.  Mines a '99 with about 175K miles on it.  I'm glad the chain thing worked for you.  They say that necessity is the mother of invention.  If that's true then I think that laziness has to be invention's step dad.   ;D
Mark
Lindale, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 01:55:03 am »
Yea, I used to work with guy back in the early 80s that always said "Laziness is the mother of invention.  That's certainly been true in my work experience.

You'd have been welcome Jimmy.  Give me a shout next time you head to Dallas. 

George

St Paul, TX

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 01:58:36 am »
Like Lee said George....WOW !!!
If I'd sen this before today...I'd been tempted to drive out from Ga. Especially for Gravy -n-Biscuits.
 ;D
  What part of Ga are you from I live in austell just out side of atlanta.

Offline jpitts

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »
I'm in Dallas Ga. Just up the road from you.
Sorry George, I'm already in Dallas....cept mine you loose if you blink hard... ;D
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 01:43:05 pm »
Oops :-[ :-[

I should know better as there are 2 Saint Pauls in Texas, besides the more well known one in Minnesota.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 01:49:52 pm »
I'm in Dallas Ga. Just up the road from you.
Sorry George, I'm already in Dallas....cept mine you loose if you blink hard... ;D
  Well shoot we aught to try to meet one day shoot some bows build one or maybe go hunting.  PM me.  if you like fishing I know of some sweet fishing holes as well.

Offline jpitts

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »
George, Makes you wonder if the got tired of using Indian names... ;D
I grew up in LaGrange Ga, Have a friend that lives just outside LaGrange Tx. You should see Atlanta Idaho....LOL's. Wait a minute. You have 2 St. Paul's? I bet that gets confusing.

Bow Nut, Man that sounds good to me. I work all the time. Thats why I haven't posted in a long time. I've made maybe 5 or 6 bows so far. Had 2 explode on me. Last one scared the bejiggers out of me. But once that bow bug bites, you can't quit. I'll PM you.
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »
Yea, I've never lived in a state that had more than 1 town by the same name.  Wikipedia shows 2 Saint Pauls, Mapquest shows 4 Saint Pauls in Texas.  Good grief.

I live right by a lake and have fished only once.  Someday...

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 03:22:20 pm »
Sounds good Jpitts I will be looking for it.  I work alot to but I play every chance I get.