Author Topic: Community Bow Projects  (Read 21773 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Community Bow Projects
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:36:59 pm »
Well, as in our national elections the vote was sparse but we have results none the less. 42.9% voted to donate the CBP sets to Conservation/Wildlife Organizations.
   Brian(KOAN) talked to his brother that is president(I believe) of the local Wild Turkey Federation. They are interested in having one set donated to them to be raffled at the National Convention in February. Nothing definite has been promised without all involved here agreeing so if you like this or if you have a problem with it, please speak up.
   If anyone has a connection with the Rocky Mountain Elk Federation or any other national organization please let me know so we can contact them about our donation.
     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Community Bow Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:03 pm »
Anything's fine with me really - just want to know the outcome :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:50:16 pm »
  I can also have us hooked up with the NWTF if you need it Pat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:49 am »
Thanks guys. Eddie, I'll let you know if we need a little extra pull.   ;)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bullcreekboy

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:52:54 pm »
I am on the local commity of the RMEF. We have our local fall banquet scheduled for 08/02/07. We could auction one set then or I can check with our regional guy and see about getting it into the big banquet that they put on every year. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:41:53 am »
Shannon, It would be great if we can get it in the regional or national banquets. Will you check on that and let me know what they say. With each CBP set goes a complete set(except1 issue) of back issues of PA. Please let them know that whatever they raise, money wise, they keep but Primitive Archer Magazine gets the credit. At some point, we will have photos of both sets to show them and I believe a certificate with all the participants listed.
   Thanks for stepping up and helping with this.     Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:20:39 pm »
 ??? ::) ;)

jamie

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 06:36:23 pm »
you know how i feel

bullcreekboy

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 12:21:33 am »
Pat,
Our regional guy is out of town until after the 4th. As soon as he gets back I will have some information for you.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 01:06:38 am »
Thanks Shannon.     Pat

bullcreekboy

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 12:57:17 pm »
Pat,
I done some digging and found out that the big RMEF event(ELK CAMP 2008) is held in Reno, Nevada. The dates are 02/21/08 - 02/24/08. Do we have anyone on the board that lives in or near Reno. It would be nice if we could get someone from here to go the auction and get up and say a little bit about PA and explain what went into the making of the community bow. It might help the archery set bring more money if we had someone that could take some pictures of the winning bidder of both bow sets and the   winning bidders and run a small story in PA about it. That would surely help raise attention for PA and bring the foundations more money to help the wildlife. Sorry about rambling on. It is raining today and I can't work on the house and my bow tools are packed up so I am kind of bored.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 01:37:14 pm »
Shannon, An article about the Community Bow Projects is an excellent idea. Last year, Hillbilly wrote a very good article about the Eastern Community Bow Project, a Cayuga style bow with all the trimmings. ;D
   If there are any writers out there that would like to do an article for PA about this, please speak up!
   The timing for the for their national convention is perfect, knowing how long it takes us to get things coordinated. ;D     
   Do we know where all of the items for each set is?  Who lives near enough to Reno and would be willing to talk in front of an audience about the CBP and PA.
   Thanks for checking into this for us, Shannon. ;)     Pat.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 06:04:18 pm »
I just heard back from Shannon about the CBP set going to RMEF for their national convention. They are requesting pics of the items in the set, information about the building process and all involved and a fair market value for the set.
   I think Gordon and/or Dane have a list of folks that contributed to the Northern set and what they did. Does anyone have the same for the Southern set?  I have the Southern Bow and arrows. I can take pics of them but would rather have the complete set to work with.
   I'd appreciate any help with this and as soon as possible so we don't hold up the process as far as these national organizations are concerned. Thanks for your help.     Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 07:20:27 pm »
  RMEF would like all the info about the CBP set by August 1.  Pat

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:22 am »
I had nothing to do with either bow so it is really none of my bussiness but could it be possible for the sets to be raffled rather than auctioned. I think a lot of our comunity would like to buy chances to win, I know I would and I think we as members might be able to sell lots of chances, The chances would also be on sale at the banquet and the conservation could still keep the money for wildlife and P.A. still geyts the good press. Just thought it might rais more money and we could all have a chance to win. Just an Idea.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell