Author Topic: Community Bow Projects  (Read 21774 times)

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

Re: Community Bow Projects
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:45 am »
                 With Kenneth (Little John) on this. ...............bob

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 03:34:04 pm »
Yup Kenneth makes sense
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 05:38:58 pm »
I don't know how these organizations handle the donations but we will have to go with however they deal with it.   Justin has already said that he would put an advanced bid of $500 on one of the bows to insure that we don't give them away. As far as I'm concerned the money is secondary and the promotion of PA in primary!...but we want their worth to at least be considered.   
   Kenneth, that is an excellent idea. If the Turkey Federation and Elk Federation will go for that than everyone will have a chance to bid.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 08:57:06 am »
Just wondering if a photo spread has or will be done of the bows? Also will it be in PA?
Should make for one heck of a centerfold ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:31 am »
Dana, I have the Southern Community bow and arrows. I plan to take pics when I get everything else with the set. It would be great if someone would write an article for PA about our Community Bow Projects.  I am in the process of writing to RMEF about the projects and will send pics and a list of participants and their part in the project. They need this info to consider our proposal. We will do the same with NWTF and the Northern Community Bow Project.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

makete

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 10:41:46 am »
Please let us know what you all decide and if/how we can bid on these bows. Thank you.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 10:47:27 am »
Thanks fer the update Pat, I'm anxious as all hell to see the completed sets as I'm sure all of us are.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:19:01 am »
Makete. We are hoping RMEF and NWTF will accept these archery sets to auction off at their national conventions. Justin Snyder has already said he would put in a reserve bid of $500 on the Southern set and if you would like to do a similar reserve bid for the Northern set we will mention that in our letter to NWTF. If you would prefer not to do the reserve bit, you will be able to bid at the convention like anyone else. All the moneys goes to these organizations but the credit goes to Primitive Archer Magazine.     Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 03:12:06 pm »
I need some more info...What is Ron's last name and where do you live?   Skeaterbait, your full name and home?  And Dane your last name? 
I'm trying to get all this done  and sent out by the end of the month.    Thanks    Pat

Offline Little John

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 01:33:49 am »
Pat, when I sugested a raffle or lottery it was intended so we could buy 20 0r 40 dollars worth of chances to win by a drawing to be held at hhe convention. I think a lot more of us could participate like that than having to try to be high bidder. Maybe the chances could be sold thru the forum and also at the convention.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 09:55:32 am »
Kenneth, I don't know how these organizations handle their drawings or raffles. Our main intentions with the CBP is to promote PA. The idea of donating them to one of these organizations was to get as much publicity for PA as we can.  Last year the Eastern Community Bow set was raffled off at MoJam and not much money was raised for charity and not much publicity was achieved for PA Magazine. By going with these national organizations we hope to not only get the attention of the folks attending the event but also publicity from the national organization. This years sets were never intended to be raffled off for the members to be able to buy a raffle ticket. If someone would like to handle the 2008 CBP and set it up that way, they are welcomed to do so. I jumped on this years project because it was getting lost in the shuffle and I didn't want that to happen again. I have seen at least one set totally disappear with out a trace and I'm not going to let that happen to this years project.
   When I hear back from NWTF and RMEF I will inform everyone what they have to say about our proposal. I have until the end of July to get everything together for these organizations and that time is running out.   Pat

jamie

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:18 am »
pat i havent heard back from keenan and i believe he has the quiver and arras. i hope everything is ok with him cause i know he had some trouble for a while there. gordon do you have any way of reaching him. peace

bullcreekboy

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 01:15:45 pm »
Pat,
Rons last name is Johnson and he lives in Marshfield, MO.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 01:39:29 pm »
Thanks Shannon. I wanted to be sure he, and everyone involved gets credit for what they did on the CBP.    Pat

Offline Little John

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:29 pm »
Pat, not to sound opiniated or try to run the show here as you are doing a gerat job as always, and I never have the time for any thing. Just thought it could accomplish the same goals for P.A. and the RMEF and The wild turkey foundation, and maybe earn more money for the animals and birds. Any way I have no ax to grind any way and how ever it turns out you know I am a team player and will be happy with it.     Later Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell