Author Topic: Community Bow Projects  (Read 21775 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Community Bow Projects
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 12:39:40 am »
Kenneth. I know your intentions.  ;) and I appreciate your input. Unfortunately for this year we don't have the time. With our next CBP we should discuss where they are going before, or at least while we are building the set(s). Most of us are just into the building and discussion aspects of the CBP. The process takes so long and the spaces between progressions go without activity so the interest wains. I know everyone has a life to live so non-vital projects take a back seat, as it should be.
  I'll be sending a letter to RMEF shortly with our proposal. Along with the letter will be a list of contributers, where they are from and what part they had in the process, and some photos. I don't even know if they will except out proposal. Once I hear back from them I will know what to expect from them and how they run the show. We might be able to use your idea after all but until I hear back, its only a guess.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 01:16:35 am »
Oh I am sure they will accept the offer graciously, I think all sponsers are welcome to any organization, and I would think your offer would fit in better than some. I think some one will be getting an awsome set,  hope they appreciate it for what it is.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:49 am »
I got a box in the mail a while back and to my surprise(even though Dane told me) there were 2 beautiful, hand woven, hand stitched bow socks with a band of linen as an accent. One green and one blue and with a braided linen tie string with glass bead terminals. The pics don't do them justice. These are part of Danes donation to both Community Bow Projects. Here are a few pics. Thanks Dane! ;)  Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 01:11:51 am »
Dang Pat, I think we all need to pitch in and get you a new target for your B-Day. Maybe we can find one with horns so you know what they look like when you are hunting.  ;D Well at least another can of foam and some brown spray paint. Would it help if I shoot all your deer with yellow paintballs just before the hunt.  Then it will be just like practice. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

makete

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 01:39:51 pm »
I will put a $500.00 reserve on the northern bow. I really need a new bow and this should be it. Hope that this is okay with the RMEF or the NWTF or whom ever is doing the auction.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 08:19:35 pm »
Makete, I'll let NWTF know there will be a $500 reserve on their set when I send them the info. Thanks!   Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2007, 06:36:18 am »
Way to go makete thats some yooper pride, we do need to hook up.
Dane's bow socks are incredible ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

makete

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2007, 09:52:06 am »
 ;D  ;D  ;D From one yooper to another,thanks. I saw those bow socks and figured if that is some of the craftmanship that went in to this project then I wanted it.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2007, 12:43:59 pm »
Dane and I worked a trade out and I have one of those socks comin ;D ;D ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

makete

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2007, 09:11:29 pm »
 :o :P

Offline Gordon

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 12:09:28 am »
I hope you get it Makete. It is a lovely bow and with the hand-made sock, arrows, and quiver it would be well worth what you paid for it.
Gordon

Offline Dane

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 07:40:01 am »
Hey, thanks for posting the pics, and thanks for the kind comments. Dana, your's is a'coming. :)

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

makete

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 11:36:38 am »
I hope I get it too. But I also hope that it goes for $1000.00 or more. I also hope that these bow projects do the things that we all hope they do, get the attention of hunderds of new people to join P.A. Maybe even thousands.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 03:05:59 pm »
The socks look great!...Do we have pics yet of the northern set we can get to my Bro'....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 04:46:34 pm »
Brian. I need, not only the pics, but an e-mail address for whomever at NWTF. I have a letter composed with a list of participants(I think I have them all), what they did and where they are from.   Pat