Author Topic: Billy Berger will be on Discovery Channel This Sunday!!!  (Read 26905 times)

Offline Jimbob

Re: Billy Berger will be on Discovery Channel This Sunday!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 01:05:54 am »
Great show!!  Great job Billy!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 01:06:39 am »
I just saw the show.  Awesome!  Makes me wish I could have been there.  I can't believe you guys got an elk....just unbelievable.  I love how you and the others showed so much respect for that animal...... He took care of you. Amazing.
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 01:11:30 am »
just watched all so...i had to send billy a pm about it...it was great opening the doors of the past...i really wish there was more shows like it...john

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 01:28:09 am »
why did i have to have homework >:(
good thing i have a dvr ;D ;D ;D ;D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 01:34:11 am »
I enjoyed it a lot.  I'd have been curious to see how they would have butchered that elk had you not been there Billy.  Impressive butchering with those flakes and really impressive to see you haul that heavy quarter back to camp after so little food for 8 days.  Good work.  Now, how bout the rest of the stories that didn't get televised... ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 03:56:44 am »
I think if Billy was not there they would not have made it. I really enjoyed that!!  8)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline jimmy

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 11:39:45 am »
billy, you did good. this type of show is so much better than Survivor or a few others that come to mind. no agenda, no competition, just doing as good as you can with what you're given.  i can't figuire out why those girls would sign on for that if they did not want to eat an animal. they sure didn't mind wearing an animal's skins.

Offline Scowler

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 11:52:27 am »
Watched it last night.  Throughly enjoyed it.  Way to go, Billy! :D

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 11:54:27 am »
Good job Billy really enjoyed the show.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »
  WAY COOL
  I know 4 that would have been kicked out of my clad. THE BALD GUY AND 3 FO THE WOMEN talk about not helping out.
  I watched it twice.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline iowabow

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 12:26:05 pm »
My thoughts on the animal thing. All I could think was where did they think meat came from before? My favorite line was "an animal had to die so we could eat". The chickens, cows, pigs, and the list goes on all died before they made it to the grocery store. The most interesting part to me was how they had such a connection to the animal they killed in relationship to the modern mindset of what meat "is". Don't get me wrong I think this was great! maybe people will be more careful about wasting food if they had a better understanding of what meat is and how it is connection to life. This program was not just about what it was like back then but really dimonsrated a disconnect of modern people to the mindset of the paleo past. I grew up with game at dinner as part of everyday, life like many on this website, so I found their responses very interesting. Billy responded to them just the way I would have, he said in a very matter of fact way "we had to eat" way to go Billy! those were the same words that were coming out of my mouth at the same time.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 12:38:10 pm »
I got home late and totally missed the first airing.  I managed to stay up long enough to catch the 2nd airing of the first episode, but by then it was midnight and I needed to go to sleep.  Billy did a great job from what I've seen so far.  Anybody have an idea of when it will re-air so I can possibly catch the whole thing?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 02:31:12 pm »
SWEET show. loved it
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 08:16:12 pm »
just shove a stick in it's mouth, that was a great line, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 08:38:18 pm »
i watched the show last night , and thought it was great. makes you wonder how you would cut it given the same situation. wish they would have given more air time to Billy and shown more knappin. the one thing i was curious about was the elk watching a group of hunters throw darts at them ,i have no experience with the critters just found it odd they weren't hunting some yonder

way to go Billy