Author Topic: Tennesse Classic  (Read 84378 times)

Offline BearG

Tennesse Classic
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »
Ok Christmas is over its almost 2012 and I'm ready for some Classic talk.  I for one hate to wish away my life, but man I can't wait.  At this time I am still planning on getting there Friday April 27, 2012.  If anyone wants to ride with me and can make it to Cincinnati or close I have room.  If you want to camp with us, just know I get up early stay up late, drink like a fish, and snore.

Anyways whats everyone elses plan????
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Tennesse Classic
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »
Me and my son plan on going back down again this year.  We are on the West side of Cincy in IN.  We stayed in a local hotel last year.  This year we are taking the truck.  You can only fit so many staves in a 96 saturn.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:32:12 pm »
I missed last year but I am coming again this year, My favorite springtime event!   Me and my buddy Snakeman will be there the Thursday before... can't wait to see everyone!   :) :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mighty joe

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »
how do i find out about this. what is it exactly? and where will it be?
the only easy day was yesterday and that's how i like it.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure Tracy F and I are coming down on Thursday.  BearG, I may need to camp in your area since you seem to be my kinda guy.  I don't like to get up early though, but I sleep sound.  ;)
This will be my first visit and I'm concerned about the time.  I'd like to make a bow, but I really need to be w/ others in the knapping pit too.  tick tock tick tock, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:05:47 pm »
Well my dream once again is to make it there.  Been saying that now for three years and have yet to make it.  Maybe this year is my year.  Just have to wait and see.  If I do make it, I will be there way early, and leave way late for sure.

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »
Hey Bear
  I think I'll come in on Sunday this year. Save my spot. Look forward to seeing you there. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »
I've already warned my wife that I intend to go this year.  NASA won't be shooting any tubes into the sky that weekend this year, so I should be safe.  It's a little early to start really planning yet, but any of you NC guys want to carpool?
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »

Mighty Joe, the Tenn Classic is the gathering of the year! We all show up and float the rivers while it rains buckets. :o :o We take turns standing along the banks shooting rubber blunts and the persons floating down stream. >:D >:D   Sorry I just couldn't resist.... It all seriousness it's a great gathering at Pappy's ranch near Clarksville Tenn. Fantastic event1 Check out the Classic thread in "Events"

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »
This is just another reason why i hate living in New York! Really wish I could get down there...  :( :( :( ;D You guys sure are lucky.

Jon

Offline BearG

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
This is just another reason why i hate living in New York! Really wish I could get down there...  :( :( :( ;D You guys sure are lucky.

Jon
Come on its only about 8 hours or so.

Offline BearG

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure Tracy F and I are coming down on Thursday.  BearG, I may need to camp in your area since you seem to be my kinda guy.  I don't like to get up early though, but I sleep sound.  ;)
This will be my first visit and I'm concerned about the time.  I'd like to make a bow, but I really need to be w/ others in the knapping pit too.  tick tock tick tock, dpgratz
Come on over, most of the other guys in the site sleep in too.  I just always feel like I'll miss something.

Offline BearG

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 05:12:33 pm »
Hey Bear
  I think I'll come in on Sunday this year. Save my spot. Look forward to seeing you there. Cracker
I take it your talking about the Sunday before, correct Ronnie?  And you know I'll save your spot.

Offline BearG

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 05:17:35 pm »
The 15 th Annual Tennessee Classic is May 4th.-6th. 2012 @ TwinOaks Bowhunters 1079 Ashley Rd. Chapmansboro, TN.37035.
Mark (Pappy) and others are usually there the Friday before.  If you send me you email I'll send you one of the flyers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:22:01 pm by BearG »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »
Bear, I was wondering how long after Christmas it would take for a "Classic" thread to pop up.
I'll be there but that's all I know for now.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC