Author Topic: Tab or glove  (Read 9656 times)

Offline GaryR

Tab or glove
« on: December 30, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »
Well, I'm going to get a tab which I've used and thought was ok, or a shooting glove which I tried on at BassPro and liked, but never shot. What do you guys perfer and why.
Gary

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tab or glove
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:58:33 pm »
I've used a Damascus glove since I started trad years ago. I just made myself a tab but haven't gotten used to it yet.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:00:11 pm »
Glove. Easier for me. I feel like it allows me to still use that had.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 08:03:57 pm »
Tab. I can shoot with a full glove on under the tab.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 08:07:07 pm »
Glove for me. Like someone else said, it leaves that hand more free.

Offline johnston

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:34 am »
Glove. Tried a tab for a month or so but, for me , it felt dead on the string.

Lane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 01:06:17 am »
Feeling the string tighten on my fingers is part of the archery experience for me. That's why I've used a Damascus glove for so long. I buy a new one every year or so and wear it out just in time for the next one.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 01:14:50 am »
Tab. I can shoot with a full glove on under the tab.

George
Me too, what is wrong with us.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:34:39 am »
I tried both and don't find a lot of difference.   I can make perfectly horrible shots with either.  The tab seems to be what I'm more comfortable with, but I couldn't say exactly why.  Perhaps, I find the glove to be a little more of a pain to put on and off.  The tab flips around my finger to be out of the way and can be quickly moved to my pocket.  Also, much of my shooting is done in fairly warm weather and the tab is less sweaty.    Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 03:17:38 am »
tab
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 10:11:26 am »
Leather work glove, can't  find my shooting glove. Not so sure I need to find it now.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »
I used to use a tab cuz I thought it was easier to get on and off, I stopped about four years ago and started shooting a glove.  If I remember correctly it was because I was getting finger pinch on a short bow I was shooting then. I also went to three fingers under and have not looked back.  I hunt mostly in jersy gloves or fingerless mitten/gloves w/ the folding mitten top.  I cut the three fingers off my jersey glove and put it on over my shooting glove.  The same w/ the mitt/glove, but no need to cut the fingers off.  Once in awhile when I have company over I'll let them wear my glove and I'll use the tab again.  I have several.  Seems like there is a lot to choose from if you shoot a tab, onlu one real style of glove.  I use the full glove w/ the back and palm connected to the wristband.  Good luck, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:13 pm »
Not trying to be argumentative, but I have to disagree with is...

Seems like there is a lot to choose from if you shoot a tab, onlu one real style of glove.

I own at least 3 different 'styles' of glove, and some of those are made of different materials. I find there is lots to choose from in the glove section.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:11 pm »

Seems like there is a lot to choose from if you shoot a tab, onlu one real style of glove.

I own at least 3 different 'styles' of glove, and some of those are made of different materials. I find there is lots to choose from in the glove section.

I see what you're saying, diff. material and open palm or closed palm, but you still stick three fingers in all of them and latch the wrist if it has one.  W/ tabs you've got split finger, three under, w/ or w/o a spacer, leather, calf, plastic, cordovan, some w/ a hole to put your middle finger thru, some w/ a loop on the back to put your finger thru...do you see where I'm coming from?
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »

I see what you're saying, diff. material and open palm or closed palm, but you still stick three fingers in all of them and latch the wrist if it has one.  W/ tabs you've got split finger, three under, w/ or w/o a spacer, leather, calf, plastic, cordovan, some w/ a hole to put your middle finger thru, some w/ a loop on the back to put your finger thru...do you see where I'm coming from?
With gloves you have split finger, three under, w/ or w/o tip renforcing, cow hide, pig skin, nylon, full glove, w/ w/o wrist cinch, closed palm, and of course open palm.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah