Author Topic: Winter project #2  (Read 25984 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Winter project #2
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:21 am »
She was a bow Gus. She just didn't like the way I treated her.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gordon

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 03:15:06 am »
You still get major credit for attempting it. I've seen pictures of these kind of bows so I know it can be done - I've just been too timid to try this design.
Gordon

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:27 am »
Sorry to see that, Pat. I really appreciate you guys posting the failures, though. It makes the novices like me not feel quite so bad about ours. Oh....and we really like looking at the successes as well, for sure.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2012, 11:56:45 am »
Sorry Pat!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »
Sorry about that pat  :-\ look forward to seeing your next bow of this style finished up and shooting!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2012, 06:09:27 pm »
Sorry Pat...  I was looking forward to hearing how the little guy flung an arrow :(
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2012, 07:05:00 pm »
Pat...been off doodling and came back to this tread to find that the little paddle bow didn't make it.  I sure do appreciate your teaching through this bow though!  Guess I will have to just "man up" and go pull on that iron wood stave...

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »
Pat, sorry about that but we have learned to love the process after all these years. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
Dang Pat, that's too bad, especially after the work of putting on sinew.   Good luck with the next one.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 01:23:10 am »
If you take your broken bows and throw them on the fire or the brush pile you loose. If you study that break and find out why and how you come out a winner.  8) I prefer the latter.
  George, you are absolutely right. I enjoyed the process of building this bow very much. Learned a lot too! The process that got me here today has been a thrill also.
Lesken, that is what PA is all about...Passing on the Tradition of Classical Archery!  8)   We all break bows if we are building them. Why not show the failures. If we can learn from them they are not failures.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2012, 02:14:12 pm »
Impressive ,you have used the same sinew on what three bows now that have broken, and you have not yet blamed the sinew !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !