Author Topic: What's Your Day Job?  (Read 54538 times)

Offline osage outlaw

What's Your Day Job?
« on: February 14, 2012, 01:55:56 am »
I've noticed that we have a lot of interesting people on this site.  I think most of us are evening bowyers and have to work a normal job.  I was just curious as to what kind of different jobs everyone has here.  Just from reading posts I know we have teachers, truck drivers, museum staff, and more.  I'm not sure what exactly Mullet does, but I know I want to apply  ;D  Any job where you get to run down wild hogs sounds good to me. 

You don't have to name a specific company or anything.  I will go first.  I work night shift at a large wastewater treatment plant.  We treat 36 million gallons a day.  It's an easy job, but when things go bad, they go really bad  :o 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:16:44 am by jackcrafty »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: What's your day job?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:11:35 am »
i work 6 hours a day, then take my work home with me and work on it till 12AM................ and i pay to do it too :o , doesn't that sound great
being a high school student................ best job their is  ::) ::) ::) ::) ??? :'( :'(
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:17 am »
I learn In 9 classes a day 8) and make my bows after about 3 and 1/2 hours of homework, and soccer, and wrestling... And bar-mitzva practice... Work really gets done on weekends :laugh:
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:23 am »
I learn In 9 classes a day 8) and make my bows after about 3 and 1/2 hours of homework, and soccer, and wrestling... And bar-mitzva practice... Work really gets done on weekends :laugh:
sounds about right ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:53 am »
Professional time waster for the Dept. of the Army, LOL. >:D
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:58 am »
Interface Engineer at the Regional Hospital in Western Nebraska.
I take care of the interface engine that allows all the diverse software applications to communicate and share data.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:50:58 am »
Howdy Folks,  I'm a veterinarian.  My practice is limited to doing surgery on dogs and cats.... and llamas and peacocks and rabbits and ferrets and?  Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Henrik

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:31 am »
I'm a business student working on my Bachelor degree due this summer. Next two years I'll probably spend here in University getting my masters in some form of business or another.

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:45:00 am »
CNC machinist....metals parts by day n wood at night

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:40 am »
I'm a Manager for Geotechnical drilling for a large Engineering company. We have offices in Florida and Louisianna. I'm also the Senior Driller so I'm always in exotic countries teaching local drillers to do it our way. Mostly Brazil and Canada. I'll be heading back to Brazil and going to Mozambique this year.

Oh, yea, run down hogs and also the Airboat driver. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:55:53 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 09:30:01 am »
Mechanic for 25 years,fleet mananger now[15years] for the Miller/Coors distributor in Nashville /Jackson TN,got 60 tractors and 75 utility vehicles in Nashville and 25 in Jackson. Been with this company since 1981. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 10:06:40 am »
I've been building water towers for about 16 years - hence i get to travel all over the US, Eastern mostly and pick up all these exotic rocks and wood  ;) :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 10:48:28 am »
I'm a real estate appraiser and have been for 30 years, this Sept. It takes alot longer to do my job these days, with this economy, but I still find time for tinkering with wood some evenings and weekends.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline BearG

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:59 am »
Manager of a truck repair and parts house.  Where in my life did I go wrong. >:(
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 10:59:10 am »
Great thread Clintster. I sit on my butt all day staring at metal stamping die sets on AutoCAD. Most of that time is spent here and scheming about what Im working when I get home! Shhh...dont tell the boss man.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.