Author Topic: What's Your Day Job?  (Read 55388 times)

Offline chertle

Re: What's your day job?
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2012, 01:28:07 pm »
I am an Agricultural Education teacher....grades 9-12.  Just started flintknapping so I could spend more time with my husband :P.  Glad I did because I understand him so much better now.  May have started for other reasons but after only a week of it,  I really enjoy it and am very excited to learn more.  I hope to be somewhat proficient at it someday! ;)
Leslie
Indiana

Offline PepeLep

• Just a common man
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »
I am an Agricultural Education teacher....grades 9-12.  Just started flintknapping so I could spend more time with my husband :P

Are you a female Ag teacher?? That's AWESOME! I don't think I've ever met a female Ag teacher. Met a lot of women farmers, but for some reason it seems to be dominated by men in the classroom.

I have a niece who just got an FFA scholarship at her graduation the other day, actually.

That's cool!
 ;D
Doug from Missouri

Offline Scowler

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 06:59:34 pm »
I gotta have a day job?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »
Nah, you can work nites.  Daylight is better for making bows anyway!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline chertle

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2012, 12:19:13 am »
Doug, you have met one now ;)  There are several female ag teachers in Indiana.  Congrats to your niece!!!  I don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for FFA and agriculture!!
Leslie
Indiana

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2012, 12:21:02 am »
Here in Rapid City SD both high schools have women running the ag type classes. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2012, 12:08:41 am »
Done a lot of different things in my time but for the last 15 years worked as a technical project manager and then an as an application architect for A major bank. That is just a term they put on grunt. I go where they point and pick up the crap when necessary. :)
Basically I do technology project integration. Hardware and software stuff. Fitting new apps and hardware into a tangled nightmare of old applications, software, servers and mainframes that is enough to drive you nutz.
It's a pretty good job though keeps me busy and entertained.
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline darwin

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »
I' m a microbiologist and I work for a toxicology company, we get sent stuff from all over the world to find out if its harmful to humans and/ or the environment, its an interesting job always something new going on, going to go back to school for my masters soon though so don't know how long I will stay with this company

Offline PrimitiveSkills

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2012, 07:30:53 am »
I'm a chemical engineer, can't complain about the pay. :D

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2012, 10:52:38 pm »
Im a nuclear engineer.  My company builds aircraft carriers and subs for the navy.  I like this thread and seeing how people from all walks of life come together with a common interest in primitive skilss!  :)
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline stickbender

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2012, 02:47:45 am »

Cool, CherokeeKC.  When you first started working in this field, how many times did you get out of bed at night, to turn the light off, before you realized it was off? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) :P  Look out!  Here comes some kids, with a big jar...... ok, I will stop. :P  I have a Friend who's brother worked on a Nuclear Sub, and when he got out, he immediately got a job at a nuke plant.  I guess he is still there.  At least you are a N U C L E A R engineer, and not a Jimmy Carter Nuclure engineer.  ;) ;D  "little Glow worm,  la,la, la,la,....."

Wayne 

Offline gigmaster

• The Naturalpath
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2012, 05:41:56 am »
I am a full time free-lance writer, and a professional musician. I play 8 instruments, write songs, articles, and ghost write books. I am self-employed and work online at Elance.com. Life is good.

I have been a US Marine, US Navy Diver, a lumberjack, 3rd Mate on a fishing boat, and a Crop Duster. I have a Doctorate in Holistic Health (ND). My B.S., and Masters was in Biology (minored in physics). I am also a Licensed Massage Therapist and Naturopath, although I seldom practice, except once in a while to help my friend, who is a chiropractor. After my Residency was done, I seldom practiced medicine, even though I have kept my license. I do Reiki, Herbology, Massage, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy, and Reflexology by special referral, only.

I have been a pro-musician for most of my life. Music is my life. My guitars have always been my best friends. I have also worked as a cook in the past, and am a fair hand in the kitchen. I grind wheat and corn fresh for flour and cornmeal as I use it, and bake all of our bread, rolls, biscuits, cornbread, etc...

I also have a passion for Primitive skills. I shoot muzzleloaders, and make bows, slingshots, slings, bolas, and atlatls. I also do flint-knapping.

Other than that, I fish, kayak and explore. Someday, I want to look for Bigfoot, and Nessie. I also occasionally do local Paranormal Investigations for some organizations like SUFON (Southern UFO Network), NICAP, G.H.O.S.T. (Ghost Hunters of Southern Tennessee), and the American Society for Cryptozoology. I lean towards the skeptical side, but I still keep looking for proof.......

Like I said....Life is good. I ain't rich, but I am comfortable, free and happy.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:50:30 am by gigmaster »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2012, 06:29:16 pm »

Dang!  That is quite a resume'!  So what do you do to keep busy? ;D ;D ;D ::)

Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2012, 02:05:45 am »
Well now I'm off for the summer... At least until August 13 :o

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Llamma1

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
I'm a machinist and in my spare time a new bowyer. Not really good at it yet but with time all things become easier.