Author Topic: Sneak peek * getting close *  (Read 5193 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Sneak peek * getting close *
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »
I was out shooting bows Sunday after church. I shot five of my favorites and couldnt settle on any of them for my turkey bow. Being the bow building nut job that I am I decided to try and get a bow done before my season opens...this Monday. This is what I came up with. The pics suck as usual,  sorry for that. Its osage, 60" ntn, 1 11/16" wide and 53# @ a tad over 27". I JUST got done shooting the tires off it, maybe 75 arrows or so? She is a ripper and a half. I have 4 days to skin it and seal it. My boo shafts rip with an 8 strand D10 string.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the killer stave Matt! ;) I will get more and better pics up in a few days.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:38:12 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Sneak peek
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »
8 strands?  Oh yeeah, getting every tweeking bit of energy outa this baby I see!  Nice work!  Shish-ka-bob a turkey for me!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 12:07:25 am »
Looks good, as always Chris! Text me a pic when you stick one.
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:37 am »
Looks great as usual pearl!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:29:40 am »
That's a sweet little bow Pearlie. One ofd my favorite styles to build.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:59 am »
Turkey killer for sure Drums!!

Really nice profile, I'd love to build one like that but it's above my pay grade :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline country

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:13:44 am »
Very Very Nice :D

Offline Gordon

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:59:27 am »
That one looks like she will shoot fast.
Gordon

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:37 am »
Turkey killer for sure Drums!!

Really nice profile, I'd love to build one like that but it's above my pay grade :)

I wouldnt wait any longer if you desire a static Kip Winger. We as a group tend OVER COMPLICATE the hell out of every aspect of our precious hobby and create a mess of egg shells to walk on for newer folks. Recurves are nothing more than your favorite flat bow with the tips flipped the rest of the way. Make your next build a static recurve and I bet its a success!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Sneak peek * getting close *
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »
I shot it another 50 times today to be sure I was digging it still.....and I was  ;D! I added some black cow horn tip overlays and western diamondbacks for camo. It was the first set in a looooong time that had nice black bands at the tail end, THANKS CIPPY.  I will get it trimmed up and sanded down tomorrow. So far so good, I should be able to hunt with her on Monday!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »
Excellent work! Great tiller. I hope you get a turkey. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:39 pm »
great job PD. sweet work
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 01:36:40 am »
SWEEEET! Now go get em tiger ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 06:47:52 am »
that shure turned out sweet pearly, your kicking them out almost as fast as ol' ken, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 08:13:09 am »
7 days including dry time for this one bub. My wife and I were talking about that last night, though she really doesnt have a clue what I do or how it works. She said I really don't spend that much time down there, and I dont honestly. We came to the conclusion it has nothing to do with speed, its all about making good use of my time with good hand tools.

Thanks for the words guys. I will post some dressed up pics on Sunday.