Author Topic: Point of The Month - Sticky  (Read 620931 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: Point of The Month - Sticky
« Reply #1680 on: January 15, 2022, 01:35:36 pm »
BJ.Here are a couple of pics from Overstreets Book, these are supposedly originals with conditions and where found. Hope these help and come thru alright. we shall see. Wow the pics are pretty rough also, Bob

Offline M2A

« Reply #1681 on: January 16, 2022, 10:32:48 am »
Looks like your on the right track BJ. I have been trying to read up better on this in the past week or so. Seems stemmed points of this general style from this period were made from New England to Fla. What seems to set this apart...Stem is generally longer than others with an "expanding" base, base of stem is straight or slightly concaved, and shoulder is tapered(to the best of my knowledge that is where the stem goes to meet the blade. The angle to that is more obtuse imo). Maybe not the best explanation but looks like the pictures Bob supplied shows that well. I think in the points I made I exarggerated the concaved base a bit on most of them. Looks like you well on you way tho.
Mike             

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #1682 on: January 18, 2022, 03:16:09 pm »
ive messed up on all my stems that ive tried to make. im getting low on rock so im going to need to move back to debatage knapping and making smaller points. ill post pics as soon as i get one right!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.