Author Topic: how many people plan on hunting deer or elk primitive.  (Read 30669 times)

Offline iowabow

how many people plan on hunting deer or elk primitive.
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:45:16 am »
I was just reading the stats on this site and was wondering how many primitive archers will be deer hunting this year from this site.
I will be so the count is 1 so far unless you will be counting my wifes technique of hunting as primitive (she makes them jump of bridges to their death with her car (yes JW her rack is bigger than mine))
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Stringman

Re: how many people plan on hunting deer or elk primitive.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:32:24 am »
Ok this has gone too far! Now we're starting to predict JW's jokes?!? Where will this end!!   :o  ::)

John, you know I'm in. Can't wait to see how this season will unfold. So many great hunts last year and no bow kills. I am definitely looking forward to a little redemption. (Hope you're ok with me gettin the first deer, buddy.)

I would like to add that if you intend to claim "primitive hunting" then please post a pic of your archery gear. I'll try to get mine out later today. This is a good post! I've always been curious how many people across the country can say they still hunt primitive. Bet we're in a pretty small group.

Scott

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:16 pm »
Lol ok on the JW! Well you have see my arrow and bow so you know Im good. So the count is 2 so far.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »
Fingers still crossed that I will be able to this Fall...in the middle of a move and relocation (an hour south of my current residence) and hopefully I'll be able to secure permission on land around Berrien Springs, MI and if not, maybe, just maybe I'll drive back up to Holland and hunt my Grandma's property.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline iowabow

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:01:30 pm »

(Hope you're ok with me gettin the first deer)

Scott
You shouldn't be throwing down the gauntlet instead you should be thorwing in a white towel.  >:D One hunting point says your wrong! You in? :o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:13:20 pm by iowabow »

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »
White towel my brown stained panties!! Winner picks point of their choice from the other guys collection!   >:D  ;D

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »
Fingers still crossed that I will be able to this Fall...in the middle of a move and relocation (an hour south of my current residence) and hopefully I'll be able to secure permission on land around Berrien Springs, MI and if not, maybe, just maybe I'll drive back up to Holland and hunt my Grandma's property.
Lee, I've spent many falls driving up to the Manistee to bowhunt some fine Michigan deer. Love the Irons area and outside Baldwin. Got a week off in early October and might head up there to hunt and camp for a few of those days.

I plan on trying again this year for a stone kill, even through gun season.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline iowabow

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
White towel my brown stained panties!! Winner picks point of their choice from the other guys collection!   >:D  ;D
Collection of points I made or out of total modern collection? I just want to know how much of a bandit I am going to be.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 06:38:56 pm »
Total now is 3 and 1 maybe

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »
Lee, I've spent many falls driving up to the Manistee to bowhunt some fine Michigan deer. Love the Irons area and outside Baldwin. Got a week off in early October and might head up there to hunt and camp for a few of those days.

I plan on trying again this year for a stone kill, even through gun season.

Tracy

That's cool Tracy, never hunted the Irons or Baldwin area.  I used to do a fair amount of gun hunting near Custer (outside Ludington) but haven't made it up there in many years.  I too am planning on primitive/stone hunt this year...sold off all my guns this part year and shelved the wheelie thing 3 years ago after I found this funny thing called Primitive  >:D

Kinda bummed though as I was eating tonight my wife informed me that they are dozing and building a park on the 60 acres that backs up to my grandma's creek bottom woods...can't seem to catch a break as I'm sure all that activity will push the deer right out of there this Fall.

Time to figure out and formulate plan C now I guess...lol.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline lowell

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
That's how I'll be hunting!!

If size matters...I'm out!! :)  My saying is if it's brown it's down!! ;D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »
I plan to hunt whitetail this year with my primitive bows.  Our season starts in 12 days.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline iowabow

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 08:58:09 pm »
You southern boys are lucky that your season starts so early.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »
I hunted opening day (August 15) many years when I lived in Bluffton. It was not only hot but humid as all get up with lots of skeeters, ticks and chiggers.
..and a few deer!  ;)
 John, I intend to hunt this year and if I do it will be with "primitive" gear like it has been for the last 6 or 8 years. I do use trade points and stone points as well as commercial points on my cane and sourwood shoot arrows. this year I may use some poplar arrows I made with self nocks and tied on feathers.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »
Well the bugs dont sound fun. I will do a final count when we look like no more post are being made. So lets keep them coming