Author Topic: missing issue  (Read 19678 times)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: missing issue
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 05:41:30 pm »
Wayne, if you don't hear anything in a few days try giving Lisa a call...713-467-8202
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 02:18:00 am »
Wayne, I'm trying a different avenue for you. Please be patient like you have so far.
Thanks
oh also Lisa isn't working for PA anymore as of a couple of weeks ago.  I am not sure what all happened but there were a bunch of errors and other stuff.  i really liked her.  Never met her in person.  So really now it is just me, Mike and my dad.... :-[  I don't have access to all the files but I can send requests and they do answer them quickly.  it is not much fun that way but it is where we are....
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:02 am »
     OOOOOH! :o  Well now that just put a kink in the leader wire! :P  Soooo, am I just out of two issues, or...... ???  Well I guess that is why she did not respond to my emails.  Now what?  I guess that I am just...... lost in space...... :P  Star log 02-11-2013.  Number one (Pat) contacted me, and stated that he was going to try to solve the case of the missing issues, by using centrifugal forces from the magnetic pull of a distant black hole, to travel in a worm hole, to contact Lisa.  But now Data,(Calender Girl) has informed us that Lisa has left the planet!  Odds are that my two missing issues are in the black hole, or possibly traveling in worm hole.  The data bank which contains all the information relating to the issues, is on a satellite, or moon, off the planet, but efforts to send a manned pod to retrieve it have not as yet been initiated. :(  Seems when Lisa left, she didn't give instructions to Robbie. (the robot)  Left over parts from The Angry Red Planet, and Lost In Space.  Well, now that is precisely where I am.  Hmmm, I wonder is Robbie can split firewood? ::)  Well I hope, I can get my two lost issues.  It is kinda unhandy having to go to the store to read the issues.  And they don't have the last issue, just this issue. :(  Well I will wait a little while longer and see what comes of this, before I make any major decisions.  Thanks for your help, or at least the info.  But I am still just floating through a plasma cloud, with nothing to read.  Well I guess that I just have to pass the time modifying my warp drives, and just read all the posts here.  Thanks again for the info, and your attempts Pat.  I appreciate it.  I thought she was mad at me. :P :(  End data transmission,02:21 02-11-2013

Wayne
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:54:04 pm by stickbender »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 02:11:19 am »
     Will I get this issue, plus the previous issue? ???
Thanks.
                                        Wayne
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:54:50 pm by stickbender »

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 03:25:01 am »
     Will I get this issue, plus the previous issue? ???
Thanks.
                                        Wayne
Wayne
your patience is awesome pm me again the missing issues AND an address...Fl, MT or Hawaii where ever you are....
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »
Don't do it Marie!  I'm enjoying his wild rambling post too much!    >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:23 am »

Yip, Yip, Yipeeeeee!  I received this month's issue of PA !!!! ;D ;D ;D
But alas, all is still not well, in the chilly land that I dwell.  The two previous issues,
of which I had inquired.......  Still have not arrived, and appear to be in the system somewhere mired...... But still into my little cubby at the post office I look, and still, no two previous issues of PA have been placed in my postal nook.  But still I have faith in Marie, as she has responded, to my hue, and cry, and got in contact with me.  But I am sure she has not forgotten my plight, why most likely, those two previous issues, are speeding my way, through rain, snow, and dark of night...... hopa, hopa, hopa.... :)  Marie tell J.W. to mind his S.D. business, and keep out of this! >:(   This is serious business here, just between you and I!  Not for some interloper, looking for fame and glory, by adding to my misery, with snide, and sly, disparaging remarks, that might cause a lesser person to respond to "His" ranting and raving postings, no not I, I shall not fall to his level, and make distasteful remarks, I will just sit, here, with my Pabst Blue Ribbon, and my plate of fried Coopers Hawk, and Eagle, ravioli, with an Osprey, and Great Northern bean soup, and my little appetizer of Kestrel nuggets, with a dipping sauce of light soy sauce, garlic, onion, scallions diced, and dry sherry. :P   Nope, I will not respond to his bait, like some feathered Zombie!, I will just completely ignore him, why he won't even know that I even read his comment! 8) ;)  Now where was I before, I happened upon what's his name's comment? Oh, is the procuring and mailing the two previous issues, in the works? ???  Hopa, Hopa, Hopa!  Thank you Marie for your working on this, and trying to make things run smoothly, and not like what's his name, and trying to put salt on the tail of the bird that might be bringing my lost issues.....Thank you for your help.  You're more gooder, than a jar of Pickled Peaches! :P :) :) :) Rats, now I have a craving for Pickled Peaches, and I don't have any!  Maybe what's his name is busy practicing his Turkey calling.  So he can try to get within range, to use that sulfurous, smelling, and flame belching, flinch lock, to get his Turkey!  that should keep his little fingers off the keyboard for awhile. ;)  Thanks again Marie,

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 04:44:34 am »

Star date 3-25-2013.
     This morning while in suspended animation, I received a voice data update
on the disturbing disturbance in the Force. :o  I was informed via a high ranking member the PA Force patrol, and protectorate, administration, that the rend in the Force, is being remedied, ;D ;D, and that I should be receiving the two lost previous issues. 8) ;D ;D  Translation....... I was still in bed, being as how I did not get to bed last night till after 3 am.  Which for me is no big deal, as I am basically a night owl, and I am retired. ;) 8)  Anyway, P.A. called me and told me that they were going to send me the two missing issues. :D :D 8) 8) 8)  So as Pappy would say, Life is Good!  Thanks Pat, and Marie, and whomever it was that called me, I really appreciate it.  My hand was gently smacked for not contacting Admin directly, either by Email, or phone. :P ::)  So if you have an issue which you want to get taken care of , contact them directly, by either of the previously mentioned methods. ;)
     Ok J.W. , now you can devote your time to making and practicing your Turkey calls, for the up coming hunt. As I am now all happy, and smiley like. ;)
So I will have no need to comment on this issue of missing issues. ;)  And should there be any issues with issues, or other problems, I will contact P.A. directly, and not so publicly. ;)  So go forth, and belch thy smoke pole, and procure, and take back to thy humble dwelling, and remove that which nature hath clothed such fowl with, and proceed to dine in pleasure, in both the palate, and remembrance of the hunt.  Get a big un!  8) 8)  When does the Spring gobbler hunt start in S.D.? ???  My turkeys here, are all gone, looking for love, hopefully in all the right places. ;) ::)  The Hens left first, and then the young Jakes, who have been practicing their strut, and fanning poses. 8)  I am not sure when it starts out here, but I will be ready, next year!  Again, good luck.  How does that flinter pattern, with shot?  I use Winchester Double A wads, in my twelve gauge double percussion.  Shoots nice patterns.   8) 

Wayne

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 04:15:22 am »
     The dark clouds have parted, and there is light, and lo, it is good. 8) ;D ;D  The two missing issues of PA have arrived! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)  Thanks, Marie, Pat, and the unknown caller.  I appreciate your help in my getting these two issues.  I have been reading them this afternoon.  Oy, mates, things are quite well, now, they are.  Blimey, what a bit of a sticky wicket, it has been, but by Jove Governor, the P.A. team has rallied, and combined forces, and came through with sterling success!  Terribly kind of them, I think.
If I had a Bally, hat, I would send it to them, in gratitude.  Even a Cricket Bat to boot! ;)  But they would most likely try to make a bow out of it. ;) ;D  I must invite them over for tea, and biscuits, sometime. ;)  Perhaps a stamp with the Queen Mum, on it. Oh what the bloody ell, if I had the crown jewels, I would send them to them also!  Of course, I would not claim to know a thing about them, should Interpol, and Scotland Yard knock me up, and ask pertinent questions about said unknown jewels, I would have to honestly say, I haven't the foggiest idea, where they could be at the moment.  The last I saw of them, they were on display, in the Tower, of London.  ...... But there was this American Bloke, the name of Halverson, or some such, that was keeping a pretty intense eye on them, at that time. ::)  Was mumbling something about how lovely they would look on some kind of horn for powder of some sort.  But at any rate, thanks again P.A. I appreciate it!

Wayne
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:18:53 pm by stickbender »