Author Topic: Museum of the costal bend with an atlatl demo/free shoot  (Read 1410 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Museum of the costal bend with an atlatl demo/free shoot
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »
I saw the museum was hosting a atlatl demo today so I talked my dad in taking half the day off to go ;), so I packed up a few bows my quiver and my knapping bucket and headed down there. The shoot was pretty sweet lots of darts to throw. I demonstrated and show them the self bow that John price made and traded me and also my r/d bamboo backed ipe David knight bow I made at the classic a few years back.
Those kids really liked  the stuff I brought I can say there atlatl shooting skills are sweet I couldn't even hit the target with the atlatl and these kids were shooting 4" groups :) I was impressed on the skill they have on the  flip side they had never shot a bow before so I instructed them on shooting a bow and they had a blast missing that large target with my bows and I could nail the center every time now pic time

And the rest are of they museum I didn't. Take many pics I was having to much fun doing flinknapping Demos and answering questions

"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Museum of the costal bend with an atlatl demo/free shoot
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:22 pm »
Cool post.. Nice pics of artifacts..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.