Author Topic: My first lever bow!  (Read 28505 times)

Offline smoke

Re: My first lever bow!
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 10:06:01 am »
Heidi Klum's curves aren't that nice . . . well . . . aren't nicer . . .

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 11:22:17 am »
      verrrry nice, nicely done on the finnish work.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
I can't believe I missed this one!  AWESOME! Very nice!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2013, 11:44:08 pm »
  Can someone please clue me in on where this molly concept came from? I have had a bow on my wall for well over ten yrs that is made from Cascara that has the same design as this bow, and with all the recent talk of a "molly" it seems as though it is a "new" concept??? Heck I didn't really know it was something special, just thought of it as a limb design option???

Anyhow, this is one fine looking bow Cody, you are quite the craftsmen! You Gordons kid? :laugh:

VMB
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:43 am »
Brian, the Mollegabet design came from a Danish archaeological find. There was a 9000~ year old bow that was fairly well preserved that had that design. Not sure what has created the sudden surge in popularity of the design. I think it is now a requirement that when someone decides to make their first bow that they have to make and break a Molly instead of listening to everyone trying to tell them to make a normal bow.  ::) Maybe someone else can post a good link to the details of the history. That's about all I know.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2013, 12:39:19 am »
Weylin,

Thanks, funny never heard of it, was it a recent find??? Thought I had most of the old bows covered, at least heard of one...guess not! Learn something new every day! Thanks! :) Think I will try to look it up. Seems like a spin on a holmegaard bow, nothing special about that, is this just another name for holmegaard??

VMB
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:51:29 am by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2013, 01:32:03 am »
No, they're separate sites and the bows have some differences. The mollegabet is basically a more extreme version of the holmegaard. They're both named after the village near the site. Wish i could find an easy link to shoot your way but nothing's coming up. Sorry to hijack your thread, Cody. At least people are looking at your awesome bow again.  ;)