Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 834402 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2010 on: August 02, 2014, 09:03:08 am »
Looks like some nice relaxing work time Slimbob.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2011 on: August 04, 2014, 08:28:49 am »
Good use of a Texas summer day Slim, the kinda activity that gets your batteries recharged for the upcoming week. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #2012 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »
That looks like a good relaxing day.  That is a neat arrow Multi tool.  Is it out of bone?

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #2013 on: August 08, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
Yes sir.  Shin bone off of some critter.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #2014 on: August 08, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »
Very cool.  I still need to make me something like that.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2015 on: August 16, 2014, 09:52:28 am »
Haven't posted in a while. I finished phase one of my logging project, cut 13 trees that were too close to the house or shading the yard so grass wouldn't grow. I split all of it but one 100ft sweet gum into firewood to give away. One huge stack is gone but I still have a pile in the yard for a friend to pick up, it measures 18ft long, 14ft wide and 5ft high, lots of fire wood. I sure got tired of cutting firewood and am glad it is over.

Today I am hooking up my bush hog and headed to the land I hunt to start getting the food plots ready to plant.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2016 on: September 01, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »
Morning pot of coffee is gone.  Bed is made.  Lawn is mowed.  Weeds cleared from garden.
Time to go SHOOT!
Michael
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2017 on: September 02, 2014, 01:33:40 pm »
Started my day with coffee and Ring Chex.  You say you don't get that variety of Chex in your local grocery?  Sorry, it only comes in wood.

Iowabow brought me this stave last spring when he came out to hunt turkeys.  It had lain on the ground long enough for the bark and most of the sapwood to rot nicely.  It also checked pretty good, so I am chasing Rings and Chex.

Taking a break to go get more coffee and some pics.  Here's where I left off:

It's a pretty dang wide stave with probably two really good flatbows in her, if I can get below the checks in the wood.  I am quite sure I have the depth, so I am beating the heck out of things with the draw knife.  No care for growthrings or such polite niceties, just hogging wood!

So far I have not encountered as much as a single pin knot.  Hehehe, this may be some uber-ultra-superduper-primo wood.  Or it might be a large pile of Shavings Chex. I guess we'll see if I need a big spoon or a tillering tree before this is done!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2018 on: September 02, 2014, 05:46:43 pm »
I got to go to Pre-admission on my Birthday at the hospital for my surgery Sept. 23. Man, I'm kinda looking forward to it to get a break from work. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2019 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:49 am »
Eddie:
I missed something..... What kind of surgery are you having?

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2020 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:18 am »
Brain  >:D ;) :) Just kidding Eddie, David , Hip I think he said. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2021 on: September 03, 2014, 11:51:07 am »
He has a bad ball joint in his rear end, causes him to get squirrely coming out of corners and uneven tire wear.  He's going into the body shop to get it replaced.   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #2022 on: September 03, 2014, 03:15:42 pm »
Nope, you're all wrong! They're gonna open him up and remove his gall bladder. Said he's got a bad case of swine fever. It's a regional thing that happens around airports.  ::)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2023 on: September 05, 2014, 11:57:33 am »
As long as they leave that "mean bone" right where it is, we are all set. He needs that to muscle bad guys around on here when things get unruly.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2024 on: September 06, 2014, 10:26:07 am »
Dove season opens today. I found an out of the way sunflower field planted on the local wildlife refuge that is swarming with doves. Foot traffic only to the field will eliminate the majority of dove hunters who like to drive in and sit on the hood of their trucks.

The season opens at noon, back in the old days I would be in place at 11:30am, sweltering in the sun until the birds started flying late in the afternoon. Being much older and wiser I now wait until 3:00pm or so to head to the field.