Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 834435 times)

bjrogg and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #2025 on: September 07, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »
This evening I enjoyed the cool weather on the drive home from work with the windows down and Will H's music playing loudly on the stereo.  It sure brings back some good memories of the Classic. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2026 on: September 09, 2014, 12:24:57 am »
I went dove hunting again. I got a limit (15) opening day, shot more shells than I care to admit and saw more doves than on any hunt I have been on in the past. I got ten today, shot much better than on opening day but the birds were few and far between.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2027 on: September 11, 2014, 12:24:33 am »
Got my communal greens patch planted, 20'X60', collards, kale. purple top turnips and spinach. When The greens are ready to pick I will call all my friends and tell them to "come get them".

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2028 on: September 14, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »
I removed the bark and sapwood off of a few staves between football games today.  This was a piece of dead laying osage I cut this spring.  The rings are a little tight  ;D

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2029 on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:28 am »
I'd bet that piece will make a rocket ship fast bow Outlaw ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #2030 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:55 pm »
One of our OSS members has a few school kids wanting to build a few bows , he asked if any of us had some good first timer staves for sell , thought I'd try and help him out so when I got off work I started gathering a few staves up and getting them down to within a ring or two of a good ring to make sure they would work .
About dark I went down to my barn to get one of the staves ( one of the belly splits ) I cut back in Febuary of this year to check the moisture content in them .
When I went to pick one of the staves up my hand landed on a wasp , stung me on the palm below my thumb , felt like a hot nail went into my hand and took a while to stop hurting ( sorta) but my arm is swollen past my wrist and itches a little , I'm not allergic to wasp and bee stings but I do swell some aroun the spot where I get stung .

I did get the moisture checked in the stave , I cut one en of the stave about half way down from where the back of the bow would be and the meter is at 11% moisture .

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2031 on: September 20, 2014, 11:33:06 pm »
Today I took my daughter to a traditional bow shoot.  We met up with Ozzy shot the deer targets on the range.  Then we had some fun with an atlatl.  My daughter didn't want to do it at first but after she tried it once she liked it.  We had a distance contest and while walking across a dirt lot to get the darts I stepped on what looked like dry dirt and sunk up to my calf in mud.  My foot stuck tight and my momentum took me forward until I was face down in dirt.  Ozzy was to busy laughing to help me get up.  I hosed all the mud off and had to drive home with soaked shoes. 

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #2032 on: September 21, 2014, 01:54:33 am »
Sounds like a great day in the end Clint  ;).  Great pics

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2033 on: September 21, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »
OO
Looks like fun.....really hated missing this shoot.
Got'a look out for that Indiana quick sand... :) ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2034 on: September 21, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »
Good job rocking the All Electric Amish Band Beard, Clint!  And nice work training your daughter on yet another deadly weapon.  Daughters just need those skills.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2035 on: September 28, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »
Today I mounted a few trade points and finished preparing everything for opening day.  I can almost taste the deer steaks

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #2036 on: September 28, 2014, 10:08:41 pm »
Nice single bevel Clint, good luck with it!!!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2037 on: September 28, 2014, 10:41:10 pm »
Thanks Bill.  Are you hunting yet?  I hope you put one of your cane arrows through a deer this fall.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #2038 on: October 02, 2014, 12:06:21 pm »
Watched a couple of herds of elk on the hill behind the house this morning.  Rifle season opened yesterday and we had an all day snow storm so the hunters had a bad day of it.  Went into the corral this morning to feed some pellets to the horses and found two sets of mountain lion tracks coming and going in the frozen mud.  My dog tried to tell me something was up down there in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago.  Guess I should believe her when she barks in the middle of the night.  The neighbor across the river has had an up close encounter with a grizzly while cutting firewood.  It is finally cold enough to hunt so will have to get serious about cow hunting!  Just love this time of year with all the color.  So much rain made for very tall grass and now the quakies are in full color and the grass gives the country side a golden sheen.  Not seen that for a very long time!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2039 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:12 pm »
Got released from Home Physical Therapy this morning after I walked a block with the PT without a Walker or cane. Get the stitches out next week and then Outpatient Therapy for 4 weeks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?