Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 844247 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1170 on: June 06, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »
Today I found out that I'm finally getting to go to dayshift.  Night shift has been taking its toll on me and my family.  I had decided come August I was going to step down from my position just so I could get to days.  Thankfully I won't have to do that now.  It will probably be a month or two before I make the switch, but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1171 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »
Today I found out that I'm finally getting to go to dayshift.  Night shift has been taking its toll on me and my family.  I had decided come August I was going to step down from my position just so I could get to days.  Thankfully I won't have to do that now.  It will probably be a month or two before I make the switch, but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Glad to hear that! You'll notice a difference for sure!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bubby

« Reply #1172 on: June 07, 2013, 06:05:15 am »
congrat's Clint, working nites really does a number on everyone in the house, my wife is hateing it big time
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #1173 on: June 07, 2013, 06:58:20 am »
Congrats Clint.  So glad for you.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1174 on: June 07, 2013, 07:17:55 am »
Thanks.  I have plans on making some changes when I go to days.  I would like to cut out soft drinks and lose some weight. 

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #1175 on: June 07, 2013, 09:14:49 am »
Congratulation Clint!!!!!
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1176 on: June 07, 2013, 09:40:07 am »
When I got out of school, I took a job on afternoon shift...4pm to 12:30 am. That was alright when I was single, but once I got married, it was for the birds. I didn't have the seniority for days and wound up changing careers, as a result. Glad to hear you are on normal hours, Clint.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Stringman

« Reply #1177 on: June 07, 2013, 09:41:53 am »
I did overnights for a year and a half. Hope I never have to go thru that again. Glad you found a way to move to days.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1178 on: June 07, 2013, 10:40:53 am »
I worked 28 years of swing shift in a power plant. They let me work days for a year before they riffed me. I was a fire breathing dragon on midnights, made everyone around me miserable because I couldn't sleep.

After working days for a year they offered me another swing shift job or a trip to the house. I took the trip to the house, my wife applauded my decision. The poor woman had had enough of a fire breathing dragon in her life.

I have been working on an osage bow recovery I have been putting off for years. Wrapped the split limb, heat treated some badly warped limbs, one with with 5 " of string follow and am retillering. Looks good so far.

Offline seabass

« Reply #1179 on: June 07, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »
i am so glad to hear that Clint,i am happy for you.now you will get to spend more time with your wife and kids.you can't live a normal life on nights.every one else is on a different schedule.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #1180 on: June 07, 2013, 10:14:59 pm »
Thanks guys.  12 hour nights wouldn't be bad for a single guy.  On my days off I switch back to a normal routine so I can see the family.  We have a lot of meetings and training classes that cause me to stay up all day after working that night.  Almost once a week I end up skipping a day sleeping.  That gets old pretty fast.  That's usually when I go into robot mode.  Its like my brain halfway shuts down.  That's when I debark staves.  It doesn't take much brain power to peal the bark and sapwood off.  I never tiller a bow when I have stayed up all day.  Thats asking for problems.  Some time in August I will be making the switch.  I am so glad I will be on days before deer season starts.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #1181 on: June 08, 2013, 12:43:47 am »
Just got back from Cloverdale had a great time with TRACY we meet up with the guys from twin oaks  great guy every one of them . Shoot a round on the range with Cody and his 10 year old brother who kicked are butts. Funny but true that kid can shoot. Super glad we went
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:57:23 am by Ozzy »
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #1182 on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:06 am »
Today was the first day of the OSS campout , nice to see some of the members that you may not see until next spring. A lot of us are working on our own bows , and the weather was great today just hope it holds out and we don't get flooded out.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #1183 on: June 08, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »
Glad to hear you are making the change you wanted Clint !
Day shift will cut into hunting time but that ain't the end of the world by any means !
Take care of yourself and your family !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1184 on: June 08, 2013, 10:51:20 pm »
Hey Guys,
Just got back a few hours ago from vacation, Didn't look on this site for over a week, wow.... did I had withdraws, got a lot of catching up to do...............I've been in Mullet country ...Florida!!! my wife and I were in southwest Florida during Andrea!  what a experience.  Before the storm came in I caught a bunch of Snook right off of the beach in the trough.  even caught a Pompano, flounder and trout.  Had a great day before that damn storm came in with the wind and rain, it was un believable, and it was just a tropical storm!  the surf was in our back yard, I could spit in it from our deck.  My wife thought the sea foam looked like white cotton candy blowing around.  I think she had one too many run drinks before lunch. She got a few pic's... I'll try and post a few later.  other than the storm had a good vacation.  back to the grind Monday. 
DBar   
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking