Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 840348 times)

Offline Stoker

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #1680 on: January 31, 2014, 03:48:34 pm »
Nice pics Ben.. A little peice of heaven
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1681 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:09 am »
Lost the clip out of my 22 on my last armadillo hunt,  Remington 541S, they don't make them anymore.  The gun comes with a 5 shot clip that looks good, lost this one several years ago. The only ones available now are 10 shot which takes the streamlined good looks from the rifle. The magazine retainer spring is very weak in these rifles, this is why I have lost several in the woods.

I went back to where I thought I lost the clip, I was in the heat of the battle with a fleeing dilla at dusky dark. I used a top of the line Whites metal detector but couldn't find the dang thing.

I found a couple of the 10 round clips on Fleabay which surprised me, 541s rifles have been out of production since 1999.

After failing to find my clip I engaged the enemy for the rest of the evening, 4 dillas took a dirt nap before I went home.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:50:56 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #1682 on: February 01, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »
Eric, Sorry to hear that about your clip. I hear armadillo is good eating. Ever try it? Why do you shoot them? Are they non-native/invasive to your area?

Hears my last two days. Last night we had the pinewood derby. My Tiger cub, 6yrs, took second in his den, 112.5mph average and my Bear cub, 9 yrs, took 4th in his den, about the same speed. Cooper my youngest was stoked to get a trophy fro something that he won rather than just participated in.  ;)

Today I took two of my welding students to the SkillsUSA competition and one took 3rd and one 8th out of 21 contestants. March 15 the 3rd place winner goes to state comp. Man I hope that isn't a 3D shoot weekend.

Have a gooder, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1683 on: February 01, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
Yep, non native invasive species, very destructive to food plots, root just about like a hog. No natural predators except me, their population will take a place over if they are not kept in check. Deer won't come around when they are footing about. No interest in eating one.

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #1684 on: February 01, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »
Yup...I've heard they can get that way.  Sounds fun! Good luck on finding a new clip. Bet there are a few out there still. Hope you find um.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1685 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:48 am »
Congratulations Derik for your sons and students! Bad news, the 15th is a shoot. Plenty of shoots left. Good luck to your student at State!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #1686 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:35 pm »
Aww Shucks! Thanks for the kind words Tracy. I hope to make it next week anyway.  May have to bring Silas. We'll see though.  Thanks again, dp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1687 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:06 pm »
112.5mph average for a soapbox derby race?  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #1688 on: February 03, 2014, 06:28:17 am »
112.5mph average for a soapbox derby race?  :o

Pinewood Derby. That's what the score board says. 214.5 won over all. Maybe you can do the math. 2.4 seconds running, I think it was, a 40' track. ?? That's what the score board said. Now a days everything is computerized.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #1689 on: February 03, 2014, 06:20:56 pm »
I was with ya there Pat  :o.  Thanks Derik for clearing that up.  Big difference in my mind between a soapbox and pinewood derby.  Your not riding in one of them.  ;D ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Marks

« Reply #1690 on: February 04, 2014, 10:32:03 am »
Eric- I believe there is a gun show at the fair ground in Muscle Shoals this weekend. You might find one there.

I won our district pinewood derby when I was in boy scouts. My brother won our local and I came 2-3rd. Can't remember. I beat him at district because his car jumped the track and wouldn't run as well the rest of the competition. I'm 28 now and still have my car.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1691 on: February 04, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »
Witnessed a Cooper's hawk snatch a dove out of mid air on the ride home today! Awesome skills and jealous!  8)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1692 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:48 am »
I picked up a couple magazines off flea bay for my 541S, free shipping and about the same price as the ones I have seen at the gun show, they were delivered yesterday.

Busy week, water heater went a few weeks ago, heat pump a few days ago. I had trouble with my heat pump from day one(13 years ago) so I had a new one installed, my wallet took a pretty good hit.

I started getting my camper ready to go to the Spring Arrow Fling at Tannehill Park. I installed the fifth wheel hitch in my truck, B&W Hide-A-Ball, easy to remove and leaves me with a flat bed when it is out so I can use my truck to haul stuff. I have to pull my camper to my fix-it guy to correct a few problems before I put the monster on the road.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #1693 on: February 05, 2014, 02:31:52 pm »
I am trying my best to figure a way to go to the Spring Fling again this year, Eric. I really enjoyed shooting the range with you last year. My son moved back from Gadsden, so no staying at his house. Maybe I will get lucky and find a way to get there again this year. I look forward to seeing you.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #1694 on: February 07, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »
Well, don't laugh you guys, I am taking a sewing class this evening at Joann's Fabric. My late wife handled all the pants hemming and such, now that she is gone I need to learn how. Making period correct clothes for my flintlocking has crossed my mind as well.