Author Topic: TX Get-Together?  (Read 21774 times)

Offline ksbowhunter

Re: TX Get-Together?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »
George     

Would love to visit again this year, but to much going on with Codys basketball this early, we might have a chance at going to state this year!

Shaun

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 10:52:01 pm »
George     

Would love to visit again this year, but to much going on with Codys basketball this early, we might have a chance at going to state this year!

Shaun

Hey Shaun, good to hear from you.  If you can't make the get-together but can get down to Dallas sometime let me know.  We can do a mini-knapp-in in the shop.  Tell Cody we're pulling for him and his team.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline darwin

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:55:41 am »
I'd like to come too if that's alright i live near Gus in Houston, been curious about knapping for awhile but trying to figure it out on my own has been a little difficult 

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »
Two knap-ins?  Sounds awesome, George.  Count me in.  I miss Cross Plains...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 09:43:56 am »
Are Okies invited. Actually I'm Texan by birth and Okie by choice. 200,000 acres to hunt here in SE Oklahoma,  what can I say. Would enjoy meeting ya'll.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 11:44:06 am »
Everyone's invited!  Now I need to choose dates.  What I'm going to do is plan a Cross Plains date in Feb.  I need to get some fancy sensors off that lease for some mt. lion hunting I'm doing here by Dallas.  I'll also bring home a feeder and lots of other stuff.  O, and break some rock.  We'll try to set the Burlington (Temple) date in early April to let Scott join us from the frozen north.

I probably hog hunted not that far from you last night Knapper.  We were just a couple miles from the Red River on the Texas side NE of Paris.  4 of us got 3 hogs with ARs and night vision, 75-275lbs.

George
St Paul, TX

Stringman

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 11:52:20 am »
I'm doing my best to talk the wife into making this trip a reality. So far I think she's about 65% game. If we do go I'll probably just be able to hang out for a day, so what Im saying is dont make any special plans around me. I'll keep workin on her and wear her down hopefully!  ::)

Scott

Offline Tower

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:41 pm »
Keep on her. Its a rip snorting huellava good time.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 10:17:57 am »
Just an hour away George. Always glad to hear when those hogs are getting assulted. Wild hog on a spicket, over an open fire, now that's good!!
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »
OK guys, I've done a little more checking on dates in Burlington.  I've tentatively set the date for March 8-10.  We wouldn't be able to get started until late afternoon on the 8th and would need to be cleaned up around noon on Sunday.  I'm still waiting on the final commitment from the VFD, but thought I'd see if there were conflicts here while I could still make a date change with them if I had to.  I didn't see any other knapp-in conflicts in the little bit of googling I did, but could have missed something.  I'll check with the farmer there as to whether there would be a place we could look for flint on his land.  I will also bring my night vision hog gun if anybody wants to try that.  We might be able to rustle up some pork for Saturday's meal.  Of course, Gus brought enough food last year to feed twice as many people as we had.  Dang, that was good eats.

EDIT, sorry Knapper, I missed your post.  I haven't met a pig yet I haven't liked over a fire.  Come on down and join the fun.

Hope to see y'all soon.
George
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:29:19 pm by gstoneberg »
St Paul, TX

Offline Tower

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:24 pm »
Gounds like a plan. Count me in.  Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 02:25:28 am »
You guys suck... :-X :'( :'( :'( :o I am gealous and envy the fact there is alot of stone down your way... Im on my way to finding a good chert source here in Newyork but the rock here only New York people like to knap..lol Have a great time and post some pictures!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:27 pm »
Sorry Boys :'(  I cant come on March 9th my wife has a friend's wedding in San Antonio.  Spring break starts then and I will be in the hill country for a week.  At least Ill have a week to hunt Axis, Flint, Hogs , and Wood, Snakes too. 8)   Matter of fact I might want to take my own truck so i can get all that stuff home :D

Offline seider

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06:07 pm »
I will not be able to make it to the march date either I have already paid for a training class with the VFD here maybe I can make the cp one
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »
Well shucks, there's nothing magic about that date.  The dates that are out from the VFD perspective are Mar 23-24 and Apr 13-14.  I can try for  Mar 15-16, Mar 29-30 or Apr 6-7 if that works better for everybody.  Of course, I'd have to check with my social chairperson as well.  Of course, the odds for hitting everybody's schedule are close to 0. ;)

George
St Paul, TX