Author Topic: basic Ohio style mocs(Wyandot/Shawnee/Delaware)  (Read 11646 times)

Offline richardzane

• active Wyandot tribal member
    • richardzanesmith.wordpress.com
Re: basic Ohio style mocs(Wyandot/Shawnee/Delaware)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 01:18:05 am »
good post Ben,

yeah i've been too busy attending our Green Corn ceremonies this week to even get online, but you're right.
we are still alive. blood quantum ,dividing people into parts, is pretty foreign when examining it through our own traditional tribal perspective.
but it was a partially effective strategy to reduce tribal members until they "didn't qualify" for treaty promises and such.
Unfortunately though, were there is $$ to be made from NDN art , the frauds and pretenders come out by the droves.
We only ask that people have a clear knowledge and a provable trail of their ancestry to promote their art as "ndn made."

I don't parade myself as Indian artist, We don't even have a word for "Indian" in Wandat. nędiˀ deyǫmęh de wandat awaˀatutęˀ
"i'm a man the Wyandot kind", an enrolled tribal member, a traditionalist, a wandat language teacher at times, a speaker at ceremonies,
an artist and one who's learning as many traditional songs and dances and arts as i can.
    "Heritage of the Circle" by Georges Sioui is a book written by one of our own Wendat scholars. Its a goot one!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:22:13 am by richardzane »
when i'm working on things my ancestors worked, singing the songs my ancestors sang, dancing the same dances, speaking the same language, only then  I feel connected to the land, THIS land, where my ancestors walked for thousands of years...

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

Re: basic Ohio style mocs(Wyandot/Shawnee/Delaware)
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:27 pm »
..."quantum", such an ugly word...
We are not dead, We are still alive - We are still Here!
A very ugly word.  Used in Vermont to qualify "undesirables" for "voluntary" sterilization, before Nazism showed the world eugenics' end-game.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018