Author Topic: tree of heaven shortie  (Read 2189 times)

Offline anasazi

tree of heaven shortie
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
OK I've been working on this bow for a wile i am taking my time  the bow is 42 1/2" ntn  draw length will be 20" and im shooting for 50# to 60# draw wt. It looks like it may still be to stiff in the handle but i was hoping to get your opinions  on the tiller so far i don't think there is any set that i can see brace height in pic is 4" i believe

Offline JonW

Re: tree of heaven shortie
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »
It looks to be a little stiff in the handle from that pic. Yank her back and give us another look.

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »
Right side looks stiffer to me
Always learning something new.

Offline anasazi

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:09:18 am »
45#@18" don't think this stave will work any more  it looked like there was a hinge i herd the tick figured it was done for tried to get a pic but wasn't quick enough oh well time to stars on the next stave I'll give this wood one more try and then move on to something different

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:44:44 am »
Ohhh.. That sucks nothin worse then breaking a bow you invested lots of time into
I like osage

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:48 am »
treof heaven makes a nice bow, I think that it has to be treated like red oak in most ways, sorry 'bout the boom
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:27 am »
If you were pulling it down with that kind of braced tiller then you were def over stressing it,and it doesn't surprise me with where it broke....another thing to help you is to make it much longer and a lil more wider....there is no room for error with tillering short lower density whitewood bows

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:19 am »
To bad about the break,that piece of wood must not have come from Heaven. ;) ;D ;D What blackhawk said on longer and wider, it is always good         till you get the type wood you are using figured out. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good