Author Topic: Flemish String Jig Help  (Read 27404 times)

Offline TacticalFate

Re: Flemish String Jig Help
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:48 am »
Meh, I just make the string a few inches longer than needed, guesstimate the second loop, and twist the string until I get my desired brace height, no fancy jigs needed.

Offline Greebe

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:56 am »
I went ahead and made the jig.  It is not too fancy, just a 2x4 with finish nails nailed in.  I skipped predrilling.  There really is no need on a 2x4 with finish nails.  It turned out well.  Now I just need to order some B50 and serving and I will be in business.

Thanks guys,
Greebe

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 01:12:42 am »
You can order back issues from PA.
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline gianluca100

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:10 am »
I never saw the slightest use in these string jigs. I just measure the tillering string and add about 35 to 40cm when I cut the FF, dacron or whatever string material. I must add, that I splice the second loop in, that makes it easier for me to judge where it has to be placed. Plus I have some freedom to play with the total length of the string.
But that's just my way...

Regards,
gian-luca

Offline Greebe

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45:30 am »
I never saw the slightest use in these string jigs. I just measure the tillering string and add about 35 to 40cm when I cut the FF, dacron or whatever string material. I must add, that I splice the second loop in, that makes it easier for me to judge where it has to be placed. Plus I have some freedom to play with the total length of the string.
But that's just my way...

Regards,
gian-luca

Do you individually cut each string an inch shorter so you have the tapered ends?