Author Topic: Sweetie's makeover  (Read 6103 times)

Eric Garza

Re: Sweetie's makeover
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 04:25:41 pm »
Yeah, accuracy definitely improves once you don't have to focus on drawing and holding the bow.  A 50 pound bow is much easier to get used to than an 80 lb bow though, and the muscle mass needed to pull a 50 lber will stick around a lot longer when it isn't being used than the additional muscle mass needed to draw the 80.  And you're at much less of a risk of injury when drawing a 50 lb bow cold than an 80 lb, and muscles are almost always cold when you are hunting.

I'm not advocating against heavy bows per se, I just hate seeing people use bows they can't shoot accurately.  When a bowhunter shows up and can't consistently hit a target, it makes bowhunting look bad.  People don't always think to ask about the weight of the bow or how long the hunter's been shooting that weight.  All they see is a bowhunter who can't hit the mark.

All the best,

-Eric

Offline Kegan

Re: Sweetie's makeover
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 06:33:13 pm »
I can hit the broadside of a barn with it ;D. Actually, I am pretty accurate with her. I can hit a 3" spot or target at up to thirty yards on a good day. It depends heavily on the arrows I'm using, but a good heavy shaft should find it's mark if I'm on my game (but with my eyes, that's not as frequently as I'd like :'(). I don't like not being able to hit what I shoot at, so I shoot as often as possible. Local leaves are always in danger >:D.