Author Topic: Christmas presents and planting seeds for the future  (Read 7881 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Christmas presents and planting seeds for the future
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 09:32:54 am »
T.J.
Very Nice bow.
Glad to see some bows are being made from Osage that I cut.
Did that bow come off the side of the stave from below the knot?
If so, there must be a another grown man bow in that stave as well.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 06:24:43 pm »
Yes I have the other piece in the shed . It is waiting on me to get busy removing all it's excess body and reveal it's inner bow.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 06:46:31 pm »
Just cut off everything that does not look like a bow ;D  It is that easy. 

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline nugget

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 06:53:31 pm »
That is how I like to do it. I try to let the wood tell me what to do. I am a novice woodwhisperer. :-\

Will post as soon as I get it done. Hopefully if weather holds I am shooting for new years. We will be layed off alot of Dec. I think I will only work 2 weeks next month.
Santa will be on a very tight budget. I will be making alot of gifts this year. Jewlery , bows, arrows, arm guards, quivers, wall hangings, decrative nik naks. That kind of stuff. Stuff I make anyways, but now I will be giving it as presents.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 11:40:51 pm »
TJ, those are the best kind of gifts. WalMart can't touch it!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 06:30:24 pm »
Thanks Pat . I do like give my handy work as gifts. Comes from the heart and soul.

Offline nugget

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 07:42:19 pm »
I just delivered the bow to the father and he was very pleased. I hope the boy has an even better reaction.
Now the father might want one come the first of the year. Two seeds planted with one bow. Good odds

Bishop

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:07 pm »
that is a fine bow, Nugget.

i sent ya a pm

Bishop

Offline nugget

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 07:25:49 pm »
Thanks Bishop! I got your Pm and sent ya one back.
I asked the father to get me some pics of the boy with his bow. Maybe weather permitting a few pics of him shooting. Will see if he minds me posting them. I can't wait I am soooo excited.Wish I coulb be there .

Bishop

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 10:07:27 pm »
thanks for the reply , nugget, the info you offered really got me off on the right foot, i find it interesting that folks get more excited about a bow they are making as a gift then a bow they are making for themself, if thats not part of the true spirit of trad archery then i dont know what is.....good medicine.

Bishop

Offline nugget

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 11:20:53 am »
You are welcome Bishop. Anytime i can help out I will try. Good luck