Author Topic: Sign up for arrow exchange  (Read 10798 times)

Offline Brother Dan

Re: Sign up for arrow exchange
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:42 am »
I'm in too. I shoot 55-60's, 11/32's but you can send whatever. I have 40-45's 50-55's 55-60's, 11/32's to make some one. I have a few river cane also. Are we doing field points, broad heads, blunts? I also have plenty of older arrows I've made a set of 6 or 12 and I broke or loss most of the set so I throw in a bow and start on a new set. BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline half eye

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 11:36:41 am »
Old Hippy,
      Since A1 mentioned it, put me down also if ya need some "extra's" to fill in some gaps. Thanks
rich

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 11:42:49 am »
I make a modern-ish cane arrow.  Hope whoever I get is OK with that.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 11:48:14 am »
Add me to the list. I shoot 40-55# with arrow length of 29 1/2" or longer. The one I send will be self nock either wood/ cane or bamboo wrapped w/sinew, probably stripped turkey fletched, and trade point.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline warpath

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 12:12:12 pm »
I'm definitely in!!!  ;D  I shoot from 55#'s - 75#'s. I prefer to use my 75# r/d for hunting. Whatever I'm sent is fine with me. I do prefer obsidian tips though.

G

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:36 pm »
Count me in!! Don't count on it being spined though, sorry. I don't own a spine tester. I'll be glad to get whatever I'm sent.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline autologus

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 12:54:12 pm »
I think it should be up to the sender to decide what type of arrow to send.  Personally I have a ton of artifacts and my recipient will likely get an arrow with a point that is hundreds of years old knapped by probably a Caddo, Osage, Quapaw, or Ouachita Native American.  It will be fletched with turkey or goose feathers wrapped with sinew on a split Hickory shaft.  Depending on how long we have I may even try to work it with stone tools.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline oldhippy

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 12:56:51 pm »
   OK, Hunting season starts in about a month around these parts. I think that three weeks will be long enough to make an arrow and get it shipped. In these parts hunting season begins the middle of Sept. and some people would like to carry their exchange arrow with them. I will leave the list up till next Friday or Saturday morning then write down every ones name and throw it in a hat and pull out pairs. Don't know if you guys want to know who you will be exchanging with or if you would rather be surprised. Let me know how you want to do thisand we will go with what the majority wants.
   Also need to know what the legal width is for hunting in your state but I think that most states the legal width is 7/8 except Kansas which I believe is 3/4.
   Peace all, Hippy
I'm only a figment of my own imagination (:::.)

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 12:59:40 pm »
I am in...

ill probably go with a BL shaft, goose fletches, and maybe a ground shell point. if not ground shell... knapped glass. If i have to knap it, I doubt it will be wide enough to hunt with.

As to what I want- a shootable (preferably broadheaded) arrow for a #65@28 oak longbow.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 01:08:29 pm »
In Ohio legal width is 3/4" , at least 2 cutting edges. Any material.

I like surprises. :)
Steve Bennett

Offline warpath

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:55 pm »
I forgot to mention that I have a 31" draw. The Mrs. says I have "Monkey Arms" since I'm only 5'8".  8)

G

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:40 pm »
Let's leave it a surprise as to who draws who. That's my vote. :)

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline autologus

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »
Easy way to make it so everyone has a different person and no one knows who has their name is to put the names in a list and the first person on the list makes an arrow for the next one down until you get to the bottom of the list and they make one for the person on the top of the list.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »
Legal limit in Florida is 7/8 and you can have barbs. Ane Hunting Season started August 1st.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Scottski

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 10:42:32 pm »
shouldn't it be up to the builder as to what they want to make? otherwise it seems to me more like custom order arrow. I will be greatful to have a hand made arrow from someone else. that is just my 2 cents hope i don't upset anyone for saying that.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?