Author Topic: not completely related to primitive but in a way. PETA  (Read 22675 times)

Offline david w.

Re: not completely related to primitive but in a way. PETA
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 09:57:31 pm »
ya anything will get my heart hunting  I know what you mean

there were some people who shot deer and cut their heads then let the rest lay

I would of taken away their hunting rights for life

the few scum make the rest of us hunters look bad

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 10:00:41 pm »
There's a lot of interesting opinions here. My direct experience with groups like PETA and HSUS has been that I'm better off to prove them wrong than to get caught up in the name calling and mud slinging. They rely on their anthropomorphic viewpoints where all animals have the exact same capabilities as humans when it comes to emotions and feelings. B.S.! I once entered an area where I was removing deer for the good of the population and crossed a bridge on to this wealthy island community and was greeted with a brand new piece of 4by8 plywood painted in red,"MAY YOU BURN IN HELL DEER KILLERS". PETA and HSUS have pockets and resources(like lawyers and politicians) that are bottomless. Everyone that enjoys the outdoors with or without a bow, rifle, or shotgun must respect each others choices in order to keep the freaks away from our ethical endeavors in the outdoors. Use your head when dealing with this type of individual and don't get caught up in the drama trap that they set. Educate the ones in our ranks that give us a bad name and continue to enjoy our pastimes.
They dont just attack hunters.  If you like riding a horse or using pack animals to cary your stuff they are YOUR enemy. Not to mention they are the same isiots who wouldn't let you cut down a tree for bow wood.  Different organization, same bunch of idiots.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline david w.

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 10:01:03 pm »
i meant my heart pounding not hunting I dont know what i was thinkin
that almost as bad as when i asked the mods to move one of my posts to the primitve skills and musings but it was already in there ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04:09 pm »
And don't forget fish either.They always picket the Bass tournaments here.Fish have feelings,too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 11:12:39 pm »
And don't forget fish either.They always picket the Bass tournaments here.Fish have feelings,too.
       Fish have feelin's too ! OH PLEASE ! ;D..bob

kiliii

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 02:10:05 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm new on the board, am happy to join this forum, and this conversation especially.

+loshe wawa kanawi nysayka. Great thoughts all.

I just saw that video and it makes me very sad. How can anyone do that to the people with four legs? It is about the most inhumane thing I have ever seen. What I want to know is why they were doing skinning them alive in the first place-- for sick pleasure or because it's more efficient?

PETA is an interesting phenomenen, and I think it largely stems from being pretty far disconnected from the land itself. I'm what you call an urban native (not Indian, but Siberian Nanai), but I am deeply called to the old ways of my own ancestors. As such, I wear buckskin for all my clothing, run a program in aboriginal lifeways, and try to learn, teach and promote the old ways of knowing the land. Guess that's why I'm here in the city.

Sometimes walking down the street in downtown Portland, I wonder if some random PETA person is gonna run up and thrash my coyote parka with paint. They don't know the long story behind those animals, the intensive amount of work gone into braintanning, sewing, resewing. But you can't really do anything about that. Seems like the only real way to change people's minds about hunting etc... is to get them into the land and to have deep experiences there.

The other part of my ancestry is Chinese, and I've struggled for my whole life to understand the strangeness that is the Chinese today. That video sure doesn't help, and really shows me how far apart my grandparents from two sides really are.

The thing is, all that's ancient history now. What I like about this forum here is that everyone here is taking responsibility for what is to come personally, by being proponents of another way of thinking-- ethical hunting, traditional hunting, even today by us as modern Americans. So we're not set in stone by where we come from. That's a relief for everyone I suppose.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 02:15:49 pm »
Welcome aboard kiliii, glad to have you.  You will like it here.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 02:16:46 pm »
Welcome aboard, kiliii, I think that the "disconnected from the land factor" is at the heart of most of our problems today.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

kiliii

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 05:10:07 pm »
Thanks everyone, good to be here.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 04:32:38 pm »
You're right about being disconnected. These folks that support these causes are the ones that wouldn't even survive if was 1820. I enjoy debating with them because 99.9% are hypocrits and don't realize the indirect killing involved with their clothing that they wear, the homes they live in, and the cars they drive. Happy holidays to all!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

gene roberts

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2007, 05:33:34 pm »
Some of this stuff is horrible.I love hunting,mostly the eating part.If i were given a choice between a buck or a doe I would probably take the doe.My cousin saw people a fter a dove hunt throw the doves in the air and shoot them again,leave them on the ground,and go home.That's all I've got to say.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2007, 11:55:30 pm »
adding to waht hillbilly said about primtive archers not being the only animal respecting hunters, my dad using a compound he shoots fingers and instinct but shoots regular rifle with scopes but he taught me to have great respect for animals.other kids that hunt often think its funny how much respect i have the animals i hunt and trap. But i will never lose respect for anything
Modern Day Tramp

Minuteman

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 07:05:58 pm »
 Sure wish I'd listened to my smart voice and NOT watched that dern video.... :-[
 That one skinned critter blinkin'... Man... It don't take much to wack 'em in the neck and kill the dern things, geez!