Author Topic: THANKS  (Read 3604 times)

Offline crooketarrow

THANKS
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:56:28 am »
   I must have had 8 or 10 people in the last couple years say theyed trade me for some sour wood shoots.

I've never used or maded sourwood arrows.

IT NEVER HAPPENED

I'd like to thank MADCOW for tradeing me a couple dozzen sourwood shoots.

I don't have the time now to build anymore arrows. OUR BUCK SEASON CAME IN ON THE 28 TH.

For the last 35 or so years I devoted all my time to bow hunting. And I mean ALLLLL

But come winter after our season over.  I'll post some pic's. for the arrows I make.

THANKS MADCOW
                                                                                                                        ROY
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline artcher1

Re: THANKS
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 12:09:37 pm »
Shouldn't take you but a couple hours to make up a hunting arrow Roy. Get started now and you can be hunting with one this evening ;). You can use one over and over you know ;).................Art

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
  NAW I have plenty of DOG WOOD arrows. I use'lly don't make to many arrows untill after our buck season (WINTER).
  I COULD'NT MAKE A ARROW IN A DAY IF I TRYED.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »
I hear you Roy. Takes time to make a good arrow. I remember one of the first primitive arrows I made and it took 'bout all day. It was a split hickory shaft with a trade point. Took it out hunting the next day, without a finish, and a patch of ground pine eat it up on the first shot. So I try not to spend any more time on 'em than I have to.............Art

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:22 am »
  I make my arrows in stages.

I don't think I could build arrow in a day.

AFTER A COUPLE HOURS I CAN GET PERTY FRUSTRATED ON THE BENDING, BREAKING PART.

You want to really save time. I straighten (no heat yet) and bundle green right after cutting. I start out with a shaft bigger than I need and rasp most of the beens out thats left.

This helps that you'll only have half the time in a arrow shaft as your doing now.