Author Topic: 2nd point. How did I do?  (Read 5717 times)

Offline woodswalker

Re: 2nd point. How did I do?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 09:09:56 pm »
Definitely a winner. That would make any arrow prettier. Probably fly pretty darn straight from my bow too. ;)
Seriously, nice point for second or hundredth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »

Slicker than snot on a door knob!  For a second try, you need to be slapped!  you should have a big pile of gravel, and parts, and pieces that have been flung far and wide throughout your yard, and knapping area!  Then after a year or two, you show that one!  Sheesh, where are the moderators, when it comes to site etiquette! Ok, that is a nice point.  But at least lie, and say you have been knapping for a few years, and just got back into it, or something like that.  You don't see me posting any of my crap, uh, stuff do you?  No you don't!  Because I have site etiquette.  Could have something to do with my skill level after all these years.....
     But as for too thin, no way, that is perfect!  Nice job. 

Wayne

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 02:25:25 am »
thanks guys :) the encouragement is almost too much, but i have a long way to go to equal some of the skill on this site.   

Slicker than snot on a door knob!  For a second try, you need to be slapped!  you should have a big pile of gravel, and parts, and pieces that have been flung far and wide throughout your yard, and knapping area!  Then after a year or two, you show that one!  Sheesh, where are the moderators, when it comes to site etiquette! Ok, that is a nice point.  But at least lie, and say you have been knapping for a few years, and just got back into it, or something like that.  You don't see me posting any of my crap, uh, stuff do you?  No you don't!  Because I have site etiquette.  Could have something to do with my skill level after all these years.....
     But as for too thin, no way, that is perfect!  Nice job. 

Wayne

lol sorry wayne ill try and remember that lol
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline threefingers

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 09:11:54 am »
It took me 3 yrs to get that far.But then i was on my own with no internet and one vhs tape,oh well... I have worked a lot of obsidian,to clean it up get you a real fine abrader.grind with the edge til it gets dusty or white.go with the edge.If you go against it you will pull off parts you will need.Get a sharp tool or a flat (looks like a flat screw driver)either one will work.Use a corner on the flat tool apply pressure and roll your wrist while pushing in.the amount of pressure in and down force will change depending on how far u want to travel and how much needs to be taken off.Start at one end,look for platforms with defined ridges.Follow the ridge.you will see it flatten out and take shape.Grind again lightly and use the sharp pointed tool.get u a starting point again and take off flakes at or below center.Make sure u are far enough away from the last pass.If too close it will not follow the previous flake scar.Can't wait to see number three!!!!!