Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 498931 times)

Iukee

Re: where ya from
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2009, 09:40:11 pm »
Chandler Tx. Build all my own gear except haven't started knapping yet ,but that's next on the list.

Offline chrisargao

« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2009, 12:41:29 pm »
 I'm presently here in Iraq, but I'm from Philippines, land of lots of beautiful islands, with the help of one friend, who is serving in us army ( but he getout already in this dusty hot country) he taught me how to make a bow from the very beginning, and I had found out that it is a very exciting and very interesting kind of business. When I go back home I can apply all that I learned in making bow using our local wood in the Philippines. THANKS

Offline woodstick

« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:38 pm »
thanks for our freedom, i will pray for your and the others safety.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline bubby

« Reply #438 on: November 24, 2009, 12:38:23 am »
Red Bluff, Ca land of to many vegans and tree huggers
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »
Evansville Indiana here.

Offline jeff halfrack

« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2009, 05:46:00 pm »
   upstate  new york  finger lakes region   north end of seneca lake   20-25 miles south of lake ontario  too many wineries  JEFF W

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2009, 11:17:37 am »
Hi everyone I am denny mears and i live in the the Allegheny foothills of Pennsylvania. I use my proper name denny. enjoy the treads and knowledge.Been building for quit some time, but I kinda thought I was alone till one of the bowyers in bowyer bible recommend this sight. Now I am hooked. Thanks denny

Offline Mudd

« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2010, 02:54:33 am »
Roy L "Mudd" Williams, Even though I've been with PA since Mody Dick was in a fish bowl, I've been away for along time so I thought it would be ok to re-introduce myself.
I live in mid-Missouri, 15 miles south of Columbia  and 15 miles north of Jefferson City on Highway 63. I made it to almost all of the early MoBoJams'. If anyone wants to learn bow building that's a great place for it. It's always the 3rd(coolest) weekend in July at Marshall, Missouri. Check it out!
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
God bless
Roy L"Mudd" Williams

Offline Mudd

« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2010, 03:07:05 am »
Roy L "Mudd" Williams, Even though I've been with PA since Mody Dick was in a fish bowl, I've been away for along time so I thought it would be ok to re-introduce myself.
I live in mid-Missouri, 15 miles south of Columbia  and 15 miles north of Jefferson City on Highway 63. I made it to almost all of the early MoBoJams'. If anyone wants to learn bow building that's a great place for it. It's always the 3rd(coolest) weekend in July at Marshall, Missouri. Check it out!
God bless,Mudd

[attachment deleted by admin]
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
God bless
Roy L"Mudd" Williams

Offline Jude

• Julian Benoit, Black River, NY & Kandahar, Afghan.
« Reply #444 on: January 23, 2010, 06:15:04 pm »
Hey Charley, I'm originally from Sheldon, Vermont (That's next to Swanton and smaller.  You have to get a bigger map for it to show up.)  Since then the Army has moved me to New York, Alaska, and California, with brief stopovers in the Balkans and the Middle East.  We currently live at Fort Irwin, CA, just South of Death Valley.
Julian Benoit
That was me a couple years back, before I got all busy and let my account go inactive.  Still wonder if it was a good idea to change my call sign when I came back.  I'd been posting since '03 or so as Brokestick.  Back in NY again (at least the family is, I'm in Iraq again) so we're closer to home, and thankfully, closer to a supply of wood.  I survived my stay in the Mojave on wood I dragged down from Alaska with me.  Anyway, it's good to be back. :)
"Not all those that wander are lost."--Tolkien
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."--Benoit

backwoodsjoe

« Reply #445 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:24 pm »
Northeast Georgia

Offline broken arrow

« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2010, 11:10:34 am »

Vancouver Island, Canada .

Offline netman

« Reply #447 on: January 30, 2010, 06:31:37 pm »
I'm from southwest - Louisiana, close to the Sabine River. I kinda like it here.

Offline DBX

• Smooth seas don't make skilled sailors
« Reply #448 on: February 01, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »
Angleton, Texas - about 40 miles south of Houston and 20 miles from the beach

Offline aero86

« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2010, 12:14:06 pm »
awesome dog mudd!

im ryan from greenville texas.  north east of dallas about 45 minutes. 
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.