Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 508765 times)

Offline nativenoobowyer86

Re: where ya from
« Reply #555 on: January 18, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »
A small Ontario, Canada town called Dryden.  Ive got the forest to the south and west, the bush to the north and east. Snow, hockey players, and tim hortons all over the place.
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline uwe

« Reply #556 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »
Sounds very good! Hockeyplayers! Hockey my favourite sport. 2 times a week training, often matches. "The best game you can name, is a good old hockeygame!"
Regards Uwe

Offline stickbender

« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »

Welcome.  Ok......uh.... Tim Hortons....? A quaint local, colloquial saying, no doubt?  Ain't never heard of such a thang down here abouts.   ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2011, 10:12:13 pm »
 Same as Dunkin Donut, Wayne. They name their stores a little different then we do. You don't just go to Canadian Tire to buy tires. ;D It's kinda like a Tractor Supply, here.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #559 on: January 23, 2011, 11:49:54 pm »

Aha...ok, now I am edumacated on Canadian stores and such. 8)  So do they serve "tea and Crumpets","Fish and Chips" or actual donuts, and coffee? ::)  My God!  What would the Queen Mum think if she were offered a donut and a cup of coffee?!! :o  She just might say, By Gad!, That's ripping doncha know !  I think I'll have another!  Oh, my , there seems to be an awfully lot of powdered sugar on my hands, do you have a knife and fork, and another saucer, for my donut, please?  Oh, and another napkin, it looks like I ate a powder puff!   ;D Thanks Eddie.  The Rendezvous didn't seem as good as last years, and there were a couple of vender's that were not there.  I didn't see the flint lock you were talking about, but I did see a left hand flinch lock with the grease hole in the stock.  Barrel made in Japan.  Some of the Tower Flint locks, made in Japan, had pinned breach plugs. :o  So I don't think I want a Japanese made flinch lock. ;)  Especially a lefty.   ;D So when are you heading out again?

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:33 am »
 I was a little disappointed in the "largest Rendevous" east of the Mississippi. It looked like the majority of the vendors bought their crap off the same Chinese boat. I'll be down in Miami and W Palm a few days next week.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

Give me a holler when you are in W. Palm, I'll drive down, and I'll buy you a beer.  I might even spring for dinner. :o
What are you doing in W. Palm?

Wayne

sc_bowhunter

« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2011, 11:23:56 pm »
I'm in Clover, SC. Just outside Charlotte, NC.

New to archery, but have wanted to try Primitive archery for a long time. I have a recurve right now, but hope to have a longbow in to be get ready for deer season. I'll be hunting on the ground with a bow either way. Hope to learn alot from the folks here.

God Bless,

Pete

Offline Caius

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2011, 11:53:22 pm »
Edmonton, AB, Canada

Middle of nowhere.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"
Edmonton, AB

Offline gazza

« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »
Victoria, Ozstralia. We have most of what the rest of Oz has, but in a much smaller package... forests, snow, mountains, deer, pigs, hares, foxes, feral cats, a fairly tight bowhunting community.....
If we were meant to use fibreglass bows, there would be fibreglass trees....

mccaw69

« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:31 am »
Nortonville,Kentcky. Salllute!

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #566 on: April 10, 2011, 01:55:55 am »
the best place in the world, Jamestown, a little island in the middle of rhode island of which i think i made a bow out of the only oage tree in RI ;D, im soooo lucky ;D ;D ;D
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Gene Murphy

« Reply #567 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »
Stamping Ground, Kentucky population 603 people, but I live outside that big city.

Gene

Offline Canuck Archer

« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2011, 12:22:36 am »
Ontario, Canada

Offline Stephen Zachary

« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2011, 01:54:19 am »
Im from down in da bayou Baton rouge La