Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 497671 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: where ya from
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:14 pm »
Kent...you have a Deal there for sure! I have never been able to shoot a Hog up here...just not enough around..Yet!! You just shoot Me your Phone Number and Address...and I will guarantee you I will show up....Mind if I take one Buddy?? I have a Guy that I have been Hunting with for 27 years...and I would hate to leave Him out....... :P

Michael
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2010, 10:19:32 pm »
I'm in St Paul, TX,just NE of Dallas.    George

I spend a lot of time around your parts.  I have good friends that live in Denton, Lavon, McKinney, Plano, Melissa, Rockwall,and Anna.

Actually, one of my good friends had a wedding just on the other side of the lake from you.

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #467 on: February 22, 2010, 10:24:39 pm »
Kent...you have a Deal there for sure! I have never been able to shoot a Hog up here...just not enough around..Yet!! You just shoot Me your Phone Number and Address...and I will guarantee you I will show up....Mind if I take one Buddy?? I have a Guy that I have been Hunting with for 27 years...and I would hate to leave Him out....... :P

Michael

You bet.  Im not sure if ill be getting out before it starts getting hot.  I went out last weekend and stuck an arrow in two big sows.  I shot them for the smoker for some up coming campouts in Brock.  Ive got a buddy who has some great land in Brock, and we have got most weekends set up for Brock and Palopinto. If not this season, Ill be sure to shoot you a line for next season.  And of course, a buddy would be welcome. 

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #468 on: February 22, 2010, 10:29:42 pm »
You just let me Know...and I bet we can come and take the Population down a Notch or Two...if only for a few Months..... the way they Breed.....;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2010, 12:48:50 am »

I spend a lot of time around your parts.  I have good friends that live in Denton, Lavon, McKinney, Plano, Melissa, Rockwall,and Anna.

Actually, one of my good friends had a wedding just on the other side of the lake from you.

Small world, I have an uncle in Denton and a good friend between McKinney and Princeton.  I'll have to go back and see where you're from.   Some time your down this way stop by for coffee and bow talk.

George
St Paul, TX

HatchA

« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2010, 02:00:42 pm »
Thought I might as well add a post in here...

I'm Steve, 35, from Dublin originally but now living with my wife, two kids, two dogs and four cats in the west of the country - Co. Roscommon.

I know we've an Englishman or two on here...  Any other Irishmen kicking about?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:53 pm »

You actually are reasonably close to my deer lease, which is a little SE of Abilene at Cross Plains.  Normally I'd be over there quite a bit this time of year, but for some reason our hogs have left for someplace else.  Maybe they're up by you?

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2010, 05:29:56 pm »

You actually are reasonably close to my deer lease, which is a little SE of Abilene at Cross Plains.  Normally I'd be over there quite a bit this time of year, but for some reason our hogs have left for someplace else.  Maybe they're up by you?

George

I think I know where your hogs went.  They moved to the west and invaded my land in Jayton.  My place has been eat up with them.  This year, while deer hunting, I had to carry a pocket full of rocks so I could throw at the hogs to run them off.  I set and counted 50 of them, one day, within an hour, down on the river. 

I forgot to mention, one of my best friends lives on the man made lake at Princeton.  Ill be at his place this weekend.   It is a small world.

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2010, 05:33:10 pm »

George

I just noticed something ironic.  Your lease is in Cross Plains, which is down the road from Dublin Texas.  HatchetA is originally from Dublin Ireland.  Now how funny is that?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2010, 07:32:30 pm »

I think I know where your hogs went.  They moved to the west and invaded my land in Jayton.  My place has been eat up with them.  This year, while deer hunting, I had to carry a pocket full of rocks so I could throw at the hogs to run them off.  I set and counted 50 of them, one day, within an hour, down on the river. 

I forgot to mention, one of my best friends lives on the man made lake at Princeton.  Ill be at his place this weekend.   It is a small world.

It is a small world. 

I'm going to start chasing a growth ring on the crooked osage stave I posted about in the bows section.  It'll be interesting to see how well that goes.  I'd hoped to be hog hunting this weekend but that isn't going to happen as the place I can go to down South is now snowed in and my lease is now hogless.  It'll be nice to work on a bow again.  I'm going to start shooting as well.  I don't shoot near as much as I should.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline SkyShooter

« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »
san francisco bay! oak and walnut

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #476 on: March 08, 2010, 12:37:15 am »
Oklahoma transplant now living in Mesa, Az.....
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Scott Gray

« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:39 pm »
Pinson Alabama here
Semper Fi

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2010, 11:43:18 pm »
Originally Western Kentucky, then Mobile Alabama, and now Naperville (Chicago) IL.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2010, 12:16:35 am »
Wow, it's really a small world.  I worked at Bell Laboratories in Naperville, IL from 1978-1994.  My first bow was made in our garage in Warrenville.  Those are good memories.  I'll bet Naperville doesn't look the way I remember.   George
St Paul, TX