Author Topic: Where Ya From?  (Read 498485 times)

Dale

Re: where ya from
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2007, 03:29:57 pm »
Colorado Springs, CO. and its snowing again.

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2007, 11:38:14 pm »
Auggie here, Ilive afew miles north of Brian Doerge in mid-Missouri. Lots of good wood around,almost as much as the humidity here. I really like this set up,lots of know how,knowledge,humor, and friends. Cant wait to meet some of you at the Tennesse event!
laugh. its good for ya

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »
I live in Indian Mound, Tennessee, west of Clarksville.

Born and raised in Central Florida, then the Army sent me to the 101st back in 77, and when I came back in 97 my wife and I decided this was where I wanted to raise my kids upon my retirement.

Wow, two posts in one day.  :)

John Price
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

oak

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:31 am »
Lilburn, GA bout 25 miles north east of Atlanta and new to it all.  Just moved here from central CA in December and I'm a little lost in space right now.  Been digesting about everything I can find on Asiatic Composites for about the last 10 years but have as of yet to make a bow.  Just started getting interested in selfbows, I just like it all and want to be able to make it all.

Any of you GA guys that can teach me stuff give me a holler I'm eager to learn.  For that matter anybody from the neighboring states chime in.  Until two weeks ago I had a cousin in Clarksville but she is back down here now.  The biggest bummer for me is that there are like 4 of you guys right there.  And if anybody here wants wood cut, maybe even some Texas Osage (hint hint), I'm game.  Especially if on a longer trip maybe get some of the local guys to carpool, I can fit 3 other adults in my truck, the tools in the bed, and a trailer behind.

Blake

a finnish native

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2007, 08:35:22 am »
far away in an arctic place  8)

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2007, 08:37:34 am »
New Brunswick, Canada

bruce wilcock

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2007, 08:10:51 pm »
i come from  The Shetland Isles UK   in the north of Scotland, i have a blacksmiths shop   ,most of my work is toolsmithing making tools for stonemasons . As i am  nearing retirement i now have more time to make and use bows ,my interest is in the English warbow.

Offline Timbokhan

« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:12 pm »
Greeley, CO.  I stumbled across this website, and am really enjoying looking at the craftsmanship put into these bows. 

Offline Loki

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2007, 04:35:55 pm »
Durham, North East England.
Durham,England

Offline cookwood

« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:23 pm »
I'm about 20 mi. west of Atlanta...Douglas County, GA

pdr

« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2007, 03:14:16 pm »
Hi...i am an new user and i am from north türkiye (black sea coast)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2007, 04:25:52 pm »
Welcome, pdr. Its good to have folks from your part of the world. You got any bows top show off?    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dane

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2007, 03:48:21 pm »
I don't recall posting here, so here goes. I'm in Greenfield, in Western Massachusetts, in fact, in the most rural county of the state, but I am not a native Yankee.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, dudes (but not a surfer. I'm from "The Valley." They say if you leave a copy of Variety in your car and leave the doors unlocked, you'll come back and find six out of work actors in the back seat. It is kind of true). 
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Lakota

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2007, 06:19:29 pm »
From Browns Summit N.C.

cobble

« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2007, 06:45:58 pm »
Arlington, VA - Close enough to work but still in Virginia.  Grew up in MA and will move to a little town in VT in a little over a year when we retire.  Going to cut hemlock trees and grow something that deer would rather eat.  Cobble